early applications?

<p>a UW rep told me that they dont offer early notifications or applications and that everyone is considered after the date. I am an out of state student. Can out of staters apply early and be notified early as well? if so, is this plan better than getting the app in later?</p>

<p>If you apply by 11/1 you are guaranteed a decision by 1/15, though that decision could be that you are deferred. If you apply by 2/1 you are guaranteed a decision by 3/15. Two posters here have already reported getting decisions. I would recommend applying before 11/1, particularly if you may be a candidate for the few merit scholarships. It makes no sense that they would wait until 11/1 to start reviewing apps and it seems if you are a clear cut case one way or the other they’ll let you know sooner than 1/15.</p>

<p>You were confused about admission notification. UW has rolling admissions, the sooner you apply the sooner you may get a response. A–dad gave you the priority dates for learning their decision. UW does not allow applications before September, they responded regarding trying to apply/get a decision before their posted dates. ALL materials must be received by the dates mentioned- that includes test scores and school sent materials.</p>

<p>The Nov deadline is for getting a response by mid Jan, this helps a lot of borderline acceptance students in not having to wait until all applications have been received and reviewed by mid March so they can apply to other schools by their deadlines if necessary. </p>

<p>The sooner you apply the sooner they evaluate your app and can make their decision. It will take longer to get an answer when the majority of students get their apps done and the piles stack up in admissions. There is no priority for app review or notification given to anyone- those hearing soonest are the easiest decisions for admissions, others have to wait for UW to weigh their app against others with similar credentials.</p>