Early Decision and UC's applications

D will be applying ED to a school to play her sport next week, probably less than a week before the deadline and the notification will be no less than 12/15. Now, is there any chance she will know the final decision from the school before Nov.30 the deadline for all UC’s? I am trying to see if she could avoid applying to UC’s since her chance getting accepted to the ED school is very high.

Thanks for any reply in advance.

Colleges often do give admission results before promised dates, but whether that is actually likely in your daughter’s situation is specific to that college (and may be a special case due to athletic recruiting).

Best would be for her to have the UC application ready to go if she does not get the result before the UC application deadline (or if the result is not admission).

Thanks! @ucbalumnus . I hope we will get some good news sooner than Nov.30, then she can go out and celebrate with us without doing all the apps to UCs.

I agree with ucbalum, have her fully complete her UC applications and have them set and ready to go.
Only hit the send button(s) and spend the application fee(s) if she has not heard back from her ED by the November 30 deadline.

Here’s why - consider that she gets denied or deferred by her ED school. She will be both pressed for time and possibly very disheartened by a non-acceptance. In that frame of mind, mistakes can happen, and she may not be in the frame of mind to put her best foot forward.