Early Decision Chance!?!

<p>I am aware that I am a very borderline applicant, but once I visited Geneseo I absolutely fell in love! Now I've fallen into that terrible frame of mind where I can't picture myself going anywhere else(I'm actually going to visit again soon and hopefully sit in on a class this time round!). Anyway, my stats are as follows:</p>

<p>GPA:
I have taken mainly honors/accelerated classes and one AP (got a 4), with the exception of social studies, throughout hs.</p>

<p>90.1 uw (only core 5 subjects)
92.3 w (what is on my transcript)</p>

<p>SAT: 1260
M- 620
CR-640
W-650</p>

<p>Extra Currics:
-3 seasons of sports since freshmen year (will graduate with 10 varsity letters/captain)
-volunteered at local summer camp for 3 years (+230 hours all together), also was paid counselor this last summer.
-2 Honor Societies
-some nice, meaningful clubs
-some other volunteer things</p>

<p>*Decent-pretty good recommendations
*hopefully my essay turns out sick (I am majoring in English after all)</p>

<p>So I have two questions for y'all out there:
1) Do I stand a chance? Be specific. Will I probably get deferred to regular admission? Spring admit (hopefully not!!!!)??
2) What can I do to improve my chances? I've already shown a ton of interest in Geneseo. I've requested more info, visited and sent thank-you cards, went to college fairs, and now will be applying for early decision!</p>

<p>any thoughts/comments/opinions/advice will make my life right now-you know how it feels to have your heart set on a school and not know if you can get accepted... </p>

<p>THANKS!</p>

<p>I hope someone answers :slight_smile:
I mean look at my username!</p>

<p>GeneseoPlease from Geneseograd :slight_smile: I hope you get in!!!</p>

<p>I think you have done all that you can do at this point…</p>

<p>You are just a little shy of the Middle 50% for the SAT: 1290 - 1380</p>

<p>Are you instate? out of state?</p>

<p>Hey Geneseograd, thanks for the quick reply! I’m hoping to hit 1300 when I take it again this Saturday!! I think this will help my app a lot (as you mentioned that would put me in the mid 50 %)
Oh and I am a new yorker from long island :)</p>

<p>I applied rd with similar stats and was accepted as a spring semester applicant. So I mean your applying early. GL</p>

<p>I legit just looked at my scoress…1310!!!
I’m finally in the mid range!!
:):slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :)</p>

<p>bumppppppp</p>

<p>Great news!</p>

<p>Thought you might find this interesting…</p>

<p>[Early</a> decision applications on the rise across the U.S. - News](<a href=“http://media.www.thelamron.com/media/storage/paper1150/news/2010/10/28/News/Early.Decision.Applications.On.The.Rise.Across.The.U.s-3951301.shtml]Early”>http://media.www.thelamron.com/media/storage/paper1150/news/2010/10/28/News/Early.Decision.Applications.On.The.Rise.Across.The.U.s-3951301.shtml)</p>

<p>oh how i hate my very high hopes…</p>

<p>thanks for the link by the way :)</p>