Early Decision Class of 2019 Thread

<p>Post your results and your stats!</p>

<p>Accepted into the College of Engineering!</p>

<p>Female, in-state, NoVA
GPA: around 4.4 if I remember correctly
SATs: 770 math, 760 CR, 700 writing
All AP/IB classes my junior and senior year (not a diploma candidate though), including two years of IB Physics and AP Calculus BC; consistent As with maybe a B or two
My only significant extracurricular is 2 years on the crew team, plus about 4 months of having a part-time job
Legacy (through step-brother)
2 decent personal statements, nothing to write home about though</p>

<p>I was pretty much entirely dependent on my scores and GPA but it paid off! :)</p>

All AP/IB classes my junior and senior year (not a diploma candidate though), including two years of IB Physics and AP Calculus BC; consistent As with maybe a B or two
My only significant extracurricular is 2 years on the crew team, plus about 4 months of having a part-time job

<p>I was pretty much entirely dependent on my scores and GPA but it paid off! :)</p>

<p>Accepted into University Studies!!</p>

<p>Male, Massachusetts
GPA: 3.4
ACT: 33
2 APs Jr Year 2 APs Senior year
Consistent Bs some As some Cs
Had a good amount of extracurriculars and and internship.
I think What saved my application was my ACT score and my essays which I put a lot of time into. </p>

<p>Accepted into Pamplin College of Business!</p>

<p>GPA 3.77w/3.55uw
SAT: 650 Math 630 CR 590 W
ACT: 30 Math 30 CR 28 E 26 Science</p>

<p>6 AP Classes
Lots of good extracurriculars like Marching band, model Un, FBLA…
Sibling Legacy
Male from NoVA</p>

<p>Soooooooo happy and relieved! </p>

<p>Accepted into Pamplin College of Business!</p>

<p>GPA 3.77w/3.55uw
SAT: 650 Math 630 CR 590 W
ACT: 30 Math 30 CR 28 E 26 Science</p>

<p>6 AP Classes
Lots of good extracurriculars like Marching band, model Un, FBLA…
Sibling Legacy
Male from NoVA</p>

<p>Soooooooo happy and relieved! </p>

<p>ACCEPTED!
Pamplin College of business
male, hampton roads
GPA 3.74 w 3.43 uw
4 ap class , 13 honors classes
SAT m 610 - cr 530
legacy</p>

<p>Accepted to the College of Engineering! (non-binding early action, though)
(Template copied from another results post, feel free to copy!)</p>

<p>Female, NoVa</p>

<p>SAT I (breakdown): 2130 (730 math, 730 writing, 670 reading)
SAT II: 730 math 2, 740 chemistry
ACT (breakdown): 34 (33 math, 35 science, 35 english, 33 reading)
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): I think 3.9?
Weighted GPA: 4.16
AP: US gov’t and politics, 5. AP BC Calc, 5.
IB: SL CS, 6. SL chem, 5.
Senior year coarse load: IBHL math, IBHL chem, IBHL computer science, IBHL English, physics, Spanish, technology help desk.</p>

<p>Number of other EA applicants in your school: Unknown (possibly a lot)
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): Rensselaer medal
Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): math department award, national Spanish exam gold award, Principal’s scholar (4.0 quarter)x15, Gunston scholar (all A’s semester) x8</p>

<p>Subjective:
Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description): Math peer tutoring club, 10, 11, 12 (vice president). soccer coach, 12, (head coach). swim team, 9, 10, 11, 12. dive team, 11, 12 (team founder, captain, 1st at regionals, 2nd at states). technology help desk at school, 12. English peer tutoring, 12.
Job/Work Experience: N/A
Volunteer/Community Service: Week long summer volunteer program (x3), coach for an adapted aquatics swim team, made lunches for the homeless shelter
Summer Experience: Engineering camp at VTech, competing and coaching dive team.</p>

<p>Accepted to the College of Science as a General Biosciences Major!
(Template copied from above poster, thank you!)</p>

<p>Female, Central VA</p>

<p>SAT I (breakdown): 2000 (700 math, 610 writing, 690 reading)
SAT II: Didn’t take
ACT (breakdown): 33 (31 math, 33 science, 30 english, 35 reading)
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.7
Weighted GPA: 4.225
AP: World History 4, Biology 4, Calculus AB 5, English Language and Composition 3, US History 4, Chemistry 3, currently taking US Government, Comparative Government, and English Literature and Composition
IB: School doesn’t offer
Senior year coarse load: Governor’s School Anatomy and Physiology, Governor’s School Technology Seminar, Governor’s School Connections in Mathematics, AFJROTC IV, AP US and Comparative Government, AP English Literature and Composition.</p>

<p>Number of other EA applicants in your school: Unknown (at least a few)
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): None
Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): AP Scholar with Distinction, Honor Roll for my entire high school career, Many AFJROTC medals and ribbons including the Daughters of the American Revolution Medal, American Legion Scholastic Medal, and the Vietnam Veterans Association Medal. </p>

<p>Subjective:
Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description): AFJROTC, 9-12, Highest Rank of Cadet 1st Lieutenant; Scholastic Bowl, 10-12, captain, quiz bowl; Book Club, 10-12, there were no leadership positions; Key Club, 12, member; Gay-Straight Alliance, 11-12, member; Yearbook Photographer 9, 12.<br>
Volunteer/Community Service: Weekly volunteering at my local Boys & Girls Club on top of NHS volunteering, AFJROTC volunteering, and Key Club volunteering
Summer Experience: Camp Counselor</p>

<p>Really excited to be a Hokie!</p>

<p>Accepted to the College of Science as a General Biosciences Major!
(Template copied from above poster, thank you!)</p>

<p>Female, Central VA</p>

<p>SAT I (breakdown): 2000 (700 math, 610 writing, 690 reading)
SAT II: Didn’t take
ACT (breakdown): 33 (31 math, 33 science, 30 english, 35 reading)
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.7
Weighted GPA: 4.225
AP: World History 4, Biology 4, Calculus AB 5, English Language and Composition 3, US History 4, Chemistry 3, currently taking US Government, Comparative Government, and English Literature and Composition
IB: School doesn’t offer
Senior year coarse load: Governor’s School Anatomy and Physiology, Governor’s School Technology Seminar, Governor’s School Connections in Mathematics, AFJROTC IV, AP US and Comparative Government, AP English Literature and Composition.</p>

<p>Number of other EA applicants in your school: Unknown (at least a few)
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): None
Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): AP Scholar with Distinction, Honor Roll for my entire high school career, Many AFJROTC medals and ribbons including the Daughters of the American Revolution Medal, American Legion Scholastic Medal, and the Vietnam Veterans Association Medal. </p>

<p>Subjective:
Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description): AFJROTC, 9-12, Highest Rank of Cadet 1st Lieutenant; Scholastic Bowl, 10-12, captain, quiz bowl; Book Club, 10-12, there were no leadership positions; Key Club, 12, member; Gay-Straight Alliance, 11-12, member; Yearbook Photographer 9, 12.<br>
Volunteer/Community Service: Weekly volunteering at my local Boys & Girls Club on top of NHS volunteering, AFJROTC volunteering, and Key Club volunteering
Summer Experience: Camp Counselor</p>

<p>Really excited to be a Hokie!</p>

<p>Accepted into the School of Engineering</p>

<p>Male, in-state
GPA: 4.46 (weighted)
SAT: 2050 (CR: 670, M: 720, W: 660)
APs: World History (3), English Lang (4), US History (4), Literature (current), French Lang (current), Biology (current), Government (current), Calculus AB (current)
IBs: Music, Psychology
Richmond Symphony Youth Orchestra member for 4 years</p>

<p>Accepted! College of Engineering!</p>

<p>Female, OOS
GPA: 4.45w/3.92u
SAT: 2110 (700m, 670v, 740w)
13 APs (including Senior year)
5 on CalcAB last year.
Debate, Math Team, literary magazine</p>

<p>Go Hokies! </p>

<p>Congrats to all you new Hokies! @looneytoons, what do you mean by non-binding early action? Tech only offers binding early decision or regular decision.</p>

<p>@NJProParent‌ They offer non-binding EA to people who participate in certain programs through the university prior to applying. I did one of those programs last year, so I got to apply early and received my admissions decision in October.</p>

<p>Accepted into College of Architecture and Urban Studies (architecture major)</p>

<p>Male, out of state: New York
GPA: 94/100 unweighted
SAT: 2210 (CR: 730, M: 770, W: 710)
ACT: 34 English, 31 Math
APs: 10 including in-progress</p>

<p>Can’t wait!</p>

<p>Congrats to all!</p>

<p>Daughter accepted into College of Architecture & Urban </p>

<p>OOS
GPA 4.25W/3.8U
Rank 26/389
SAT 630M, 550V, 680 W
ACT English 30, Math 27
Senior yr - 2 AP, 2 Honors
Dual enrollment - 2 classes each Jr, Sr year
NHS, high school’s honor society, Italian HS
Peer mentor, peer tutor, 3 clubs (officer of 1)
Varsity cheer captain (1 yr JV, 3 yr Var)
Honor roll grades 9-10
High honors grades 11-12
Scholar athlete award grades 11-12
Habitat for humanity
Volunteer at church (10 yrs) and food pantry (2 yr)
Volunteer cheering coach for grade school squad
Work experience - 6 months recreational gymnastics instructor; 9 months sales associate</p>

<p>She has not gotten her letter/packet in the mail yet… Anyone else waiting? </p>

<p>Accepted into the College of Engineering as a Cadet!</p>

<p>Female, out of state, Maryland</p>

<p>GPA: 4.44 weighted 3.96 unweighed</p>

<p>ACT: (Test 1&2)
Composite,27: English:25, Math:27, Reading:27, Science 27, Writing 24
Composite,27: English:27, Math:27, Reading:29, Science 26, Writing 24</p>

<p>Rank: top 22% (115/525)</p>

<p>APs: Calc AB/BC (current), Literature (current), US History(current), Physics1 (current), World (3), Language and composition (3), Chem
other classes senior year: UAS (drones) and Engineering Design and development (senior STEM capstone)</p>

<p>I am part of the STEM magnet program and have taken numerous engineering classes.
I had a summer internship at an engineering company.
I am part of my schools FIRST FRC Robotics team for 3 years, NHS, tutoring, I am vice president of the Seaperch team
Outside of school I play in symphony orchestras and a brass band. I’ve attended a military summer camp. </p>

<p>I cant wait! :smiley: Go Hokies! </p>

<p>Accepted! Business </p>

<p>Female, IS, NOVA
GPA: 3.8w/3.5uw
SAT: 1770 (580m, 590v, 600w), 25 ACT
8 APs (including Senior year)</p>

<p>4 year varsity sport/sr captain/all district
1 year varsity cheer
4 year orchestra
Other various ECs and volunteer </p>

Accepted into the College of Engineering (Mechanical)

Male, NoVa
GPA 3.85:4
SAT ~2000 (can’t remember precisely)
Dual-enrolled at the local community college, taking 5-credit calculus, physics, and starting english this semester

I am SO pumped to get out of my small town and scoot down to Blacksburg, Tech was my first choice and the only place I early-decision’d to.