Early Decision Notifications and Stats

<p>Planes42: I got into industrial design as well! I may want to minor in marketing or else just major in it if I do not like I.D. Hopefully it will be awesome in cowgill hall next year</p>

<ol>
<li>In or Out of State</li>
<li>Major</li>
<li>GPA</li>
<li>SAT</li>
<li><p>ACT Comp</p></li>
<li><p>Out of state.</p></li>
<li><p>EE</p></li>
<li><p>3.6 W</p></li>
<li><p>SAT: 1450 (800m+650cr)</p></li>
<li><p>N/A</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Deferred. I honestly had no intention of going to the school, but I’m a bit surprised to have been deferred. Is there anyway to contact the school and let them know you are no longer interested?</p>

<p>They removed the deferred status on my application status page. Let the madness begin yet again…</p>

<p>Good luck , BenTheHokie! Hope you get good news in the spring!</p>

<p>My D was deferred… This is her 1st choice.</p>

<p>Instate (No. VA)
English
3.79 GPA
1190 SAT Math & Reading
5 AP classes plus 4 more this year, 5 years of French</p>

<p>Sports, NHS (officer), FHS, Mentoring, Clubs and a part-time job.</p>

<p>Accepted at George Mason and Christopher Newport. Denied at W&M.</p>

<p>I hate the waiting!!!</p>

<p>Congrats to all who have been accepted ED! Looks like a couple of you will be engineering majors. Great school for engineering.</p>

<p>I’m a bit late but I was deferred to regular decision too… I was so upset at first considering the major I applied for is not restricted like engineering or business is. I am so impatient to know if I am accepted or not so I’ll post my stats here and let me know what you guys thinkk…</p>

<p>-In state
-Major: Human Development
-GPA: 3.59 (weighted)
-SAT: 1070/1600 (570m & 500cr)
-ACT: 24 (25 math, 25 English, 25 Science)</p>

<p>I have many extracurriculars many of which I have been a member for over 6 years now. I wrote 3 personal statements too! I dont want to get my hopes up since my stats dont really match up to everyone else’s, but I kinda already have my hopes up really high. :confused: soo nervous!!</p>

<p>Cross posting :</p>

<p>DS has not heard whether he is accepted or not but he did receive notification of financial aid awards. Does that mean he is in?</p>

<p>Got accepted Early Decision (to arguably the hardest major)</p>

<ol>
<li>In (NOVA)</li>
<li>Industrial Design</li>
<li>4.0</li>
<li>2220</li>
<li>NA</li>
</ol>

<p>Where did he see notice of financial aid?</p>

<p>Hokie Chick: My DD is also ED to ID! Can’t wait for them to meet since there are only 25 admitted.</p>

<p>It turns out the notice of financial aid does not mean you got in (seems backwards). My DS DID end up getting in (woot!) but VT was very clear the notice of financial aid does not mean acceptance has been granted.</p>

<p>For those of you starting to hear about ED for the upcoming class, CONGRATULATIONS! As much as I hate to say it (I’m a from a long line of UVA grads!), VT is a great school and our son is very happy to be there. He is in engineering and working hard. Congratulations again~</p>

<p>I got accepted!!! </p>

<ol>
<li>Instate(Northern Virginia)</li>
<li>General Engineering</li>
<li>3.9 weighted gpa</li>
<li>660 math/620 reading</li>
<li>29 ACT composite</li>
</ol>

<p>My scores aren’t super great, but it was probably taking 10 APs, dual enrollment with NOVA community college, and summer internship at telecommunications firm that got me in.</p>

<p>Accepted!!

1. Instate (Central Virginia)
  2. Art
  3. 4.1 weighted (I take all college courses instead of high school! Dual enrollment on steroids!)
  4. 540 math/ 650Verbal
  5. No ACT!</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>In state(Yorktown)
Gen Enge
4.43 WGPA
790M 630CR
No ACT</p>

<p>Im stoked I got in but im hoping I can do honors too</p>

<p>Any ideas on my chances?</p>

<p>Accepted, engg. 3.7 gpa act 32. State is OH. Like caffinatedkitti, dual enrollment on steroids. Did not apply to honors college - may be that was a mistake.</p>

<p>Physics

1. OOS
  2. 4.15 weighted, 3.91 unweighted
  3. ACT 29 composite</p>