Early Decision

<p>....yeah I got bored so I thought I wold post a thread because the Early Decisions decisions have been the only thing on my mind. I don't know whether or not to dread the 15th since my stats were pretty much on the border and a little inside the range of their average stats for accepted students. Oh well, I'm interested to know who else applied early decision so post if you want.</p>

<p>Hey, did anybody get a personal letter from admissions today? My Mom got a nice letter and I got a nice handwritten note. I am hoping that it is a good sign!</p>

<p>I applied ED. I just want it to be the 15th already. I'm so sick of waiting!</p>

<p>My mom also received that letter. I don't think it means anything. They send it to any parent who did the parent part of the application.</p>

<p>Why do you guys seem to think we will know by the 15th? It just says we will know by mid december that doesn't necessarily mean the 15th. It could be anytime this month. Unless there's something I don't know????</p>

<p>They were sent out on the 15th last year.
I'm just speculating that they will be arriving soon after the 15th this year.</p>

<p>I'm in!!!!!!</p>

<p>It's a big envelope, like the size of a sheet of paper!</p>

<p>congrats!!
im still waiting for my letter, i am extremely nervous as well..</p>

<p>I wish you all luck!</p>

<p>I Got In!!!! :d</p>

<p>That's fantastic konstantine804!!!</p>

<p>Uggghh nothing still.
I'm guessing thats a bad sign.</p>

<p>yeahh i still didn't get anything either =(</p>

<p>It may just be where you live. We are only about an hour away from Geneseo, so it makes sense that we'd get it the day after it is postmarked. If you are outside of NY, it could take longer, depending how far away you are. Good luck. :)</p>

<p>Do they send out the rejections and defferals at the same time as the acceptances, or do they wait until after the holidays to send those?</p>

<p>yes they are sent out at the same time....the good thing is you cant get rejected in early decision....no matter what you are sent to the regular admission pool...even then if you dont get accepted then ..you may be offered deferred admission for jan 2009 or fall 2009</p>

<p>My son got in. He received his letter on saturday. I'm a little surprised. His SAT's and GPA were in range but at the low end. He did go to the campus, had an interview, had a great essay and Rec's and some pretty cool Ec's but nothing extraordinary. He's thrilled (As am I). The letter we received (The day before) thanking us for our parent Rec. talked about character as well as academics - They must mean it because while my son's academics are solid, they aren't at the top of the range. He's in-state.....Good luck to everyone I'm sure there are still plenty of admission letters in the mail!</p>

<p>well did he take APs and honors? cause that makes a huge difference to them</p>

<p>Caitymercede- Thanks! Congratulations to you too!</p>

<p>good luck to those still waiting or deferred to regular</p>

<p>For those of you accepted, what were your stats? If you don't mind me asking....
I got deferred, which wasn't a surprise.</p>