Easiest major to get into UC school? plan to become psychiatrist

<p>hi. i’m looking for a major i can apply to UC schools to so i can get in easily while still being prepared to go to med school and become a psychiatrist. thank you! </p>

<p>(specifically looking towards: ucla, berkeley, ucsd)</p>

<p>I’m not sure about Berkeley but choice of major don’t have an impact on your admission chances, for the most part. At UCLA, if you’re applying to one of the schools outside of College of Letters and Science (such as the school of engineering) then major choice will matter. But since you are thinking about med school, you will most likely choose a major within the College of Letters and Science. Therefore, your major doesn’t factor in on your chances - colleges know that students’ interests will change over time and are susceptible to major changes anyways. </p>

<p>And for UCSD, I don’t think major choice makes a difference unless you’re applying to an impacted major, which is currently the Computer Science majors I believe. Their biology department is no longer impacted starting this year. Once again, your prospective major choices, which from your interests could be biology-related/psychology, your choice of major doesn’t factor in.</p>

<p>Bump? Bump</p>

<p>For UCSD, engineering majors are impacted–that’s all I know about them. For UCD, engineering, biology, and some other science majors are impacted. I would say any liberal arts major would be easy to get into (though it obviously wouldn’t lead to psychiatry) but then you could transfer departments to a science department.</p>

<p>which major should i apply for to get into UCSD easily and then transfer over to psychology? thanks
1</p>

<p>Any liberal arts I guess. Maybe just do undeclared. Just make sure you do the prereqs.</p>

<p>you mean do the prereqs in college right? and i heard undeclared is harder to get into?</p>