Easy 1-2 CR UH Honors Courses?

<p>My son needs 2 more credits to fulfill his honors credit requirements. It would be best for him to complete those credits this next year - but he already has a jam-packed schedule the next two semesters. Would like to get some ideas for relatively easy, less time-consuming honors courses that will fulfill his UH honors requirement. (Also - are the 1 credit Common Book Experience courses very time consuming?)</p>

<p>My D took a CBE course last year. 1 credit, 8 weeks, 2 hours a week. I don’t think it was very time consuming (they had to read the book, and summarize the chapter(s) read for each class). I don’t think she particularly enjoyed the class, but she got a good grade.</p>

<p>Thanks, beth’s mom, for pointing out the 8 week time frame. I was not aware of that, but in terms of commitment, it is a great option. Maybe others will be glad to know this as well.</p>

<p>There are also a couple of these 1-2 credit classes that will open up mid-Fall. I think you might be able to view them now (but not sure), but then not register until September. Although, if I were the student, I would prefer to have this class at the beginning of the year and ‘get it over with’, rather than have it later in the semester when you have more projects and exams at the end.</p>

<p>all of the honors college classes my daughter has taken have been pretty easy and not a huge time commitment.</p>

<p>Make sure that the 1-2 credit courses give a standard letter grade rather than pass/fail. The Honors College changed a lot of the 1-2 credit courses, particularly freshman-only courses, over to pass/fail which makes it difficult to take multiple 1-2 credit courses to complete UHP requirements.</p>

<p>The difficultly and course format of CBE courses varies depending on the book and the professor. I enjoyed the two CBE courses I took and seem to recall that one was 4 weeks long and the other was 6 weeks long.</p>