Easy to change major?

<p>Since I have no college experience, I was wondering how easy it is to switch majors. I applied a week and a half ago for English, and was accepted, but am not sure if I want to pursue English. Can I switch majors my freshman year relatively easy to either Biology or Civil Engineering assuming I maintain my grades?</p>

<p>I’d say it’s much easier the other way around. They aren’t going to let you transfer into a program heavy in math and science as a freshman, if you wouldn’t have been accepted directly into the program originally.</p>

<p>Just ignore your academic advisor if she tells you to just take all English classes or something, or if shes an understanding advisor then tell her that you plan to CODO out to Biology or FYE. Either she will advise you on what courses to take or you choose the classes that are required under both plan of studies. For freshman year, I’m pretty sure most classes between Bio. and FYE majors will have similar classes. Another thing is to contact Admissions and ask if you can switch to Undergraduate Studies Program and use an advisor there. I HIGHLY recommend Scott Vana, he’s an advisor in the USP program and helped me A LOT with my plan of studies for different majors since I wasn’t sure what I wanted. It’s just going to really depend on how well you take your classes and since you would’ve not gone far in depth into the plan of study, I doubt they’d not let you in since you haven’t taken much math or science classes yet. Just be SURE that you want to switch majors and do WELL in your classes your first semester. The better you do, the better your chances are. BTW, don’t even bother going to an advisor in the FYE program if your not in the program yet since the are just way TOO busy. I’ve tried multiple times and was basically ignored since they always seemed to be busy with the current FYE students. Also, if you plan on going back into English and you have the same advisor again then hope she won’t hold a grudge on you since my advisor did. Not that well of a relationship we had for some reason that her attitude towards me really frustrated me. Your advisor signs your CODO papers too so try to not leave in a bad note lol</p>

<p>Thanks so much. You explained so thorougly, much more than I expected. Thanks again.</p>