Economics at Texas A&M

<p>Howdy! I'm a junior in high school, in the top 7%, and am hoping to be admitted into Texas A&M--my dream school--in the coming fall. I'm really hoping to become a lawyer one day, but at the undergrad level am really interested in majoring in Economics. From everything I've heard about Econ. majors, I've gained the impression that it's a fantastic major, and that it'll set me up well for not only perhaps a career in Economics, but also for a career in Law and politics, like I hope. However, I haven't found much information outside of the university's website itself about the economics program at A&M.
I have absolutely no intention of attending another school in Texas (which may sound close minded, but I'm pretty well hooked on becoming an Aggie ;) ). </p>

<p>So, I have some general questions about the Economics program:
How large are the classes?
How challenging academically is Economics, or other majors in the Mays School of Business?
How was your college experience in general at Texas A&M? </p>

<p>--I'm really into college sports, and closely follow Aggie sports (I probably should've spent less time following NSD yesterday and more time studying...), and am really looking forward to that aspect at Texas A&M. I have a sister who is presently a sophomore in Engineering, and she seems to do quite well with social and leadership organizations there. Will the same opportunities be afforded for a more business oriented student like me?</p>

<p>Anyways, I appreciate any and all input.
Thanks, and Gig 'em!</p>

<p>Just FYI, Econ is a liberal arts major, it’s not in the business school.</p>

<p>Right, my bad. Must’ve forgotten it’s a social science. ;)</p>