Economics at UCs

<p>I was just wondering if there was a difference between all the Econ programs at all the UCs. Is there really a difference between SD’s Econ and Irvine’s Business Econ? I look at the courses and they seem pretty similar.</p>

<p>Also if you can, can someone help me rank the Econ Majors:</p>

<p>SD- Economics
B - Economics
Irvine- Business Econ
LA- Business Econ
SC- Business Management
Davis- Mangerial Economics</p>

<p>Biz Econ @ UCLA! (But I may be a little biased since that's what I am...)</p>

<p>But honestly though, I would tend to go for something that's an Economics-centric major. I personally think they're more highly regarded by employers and graduate/professional schools than business management majors. Definitely don't think that a business major has a better shot at MBA school than any other major. In fact, just the opposite may be true.</p>

<p>UCD has both an economics BA and a managerial economics BS. There is a difference in requirements. The managerial economics program is more difficult to get into and has a higher GPA requirement in the prerequisite classes. Also because it is a BS there are science GE requirements whereas economics is a BA and has language requirements. You should go to the websites of the different schools and look specifically at the course requirements. They will be different for each UC.</p>