(Economics) UCD vs UCSD

<p>So far, I’ve been accepted to UCD(Economics) and UCSB(Economics and Accounting), and denied from UCLA(Business Economics - surprised, but if they don’t want me in their university, then they). I don’t want to be an accountant, so I’m trying to decide between UCD and UCSD.</p>

<p>I’m still waiting on UCSD(hope to be accepted) and UC Berekely(will probably get denied since I was denied at UCLA and only have one extra curricular since I’m dirt poor and live a complex life).</p>

<p>Anyway, how do the Economics Undergraduate Programs at UCD and UCSD compare? I’ve come to the conclusion that UCSD has a higher “ranking,” but what are their job placement, etc. like? Is it worth joining the Honors program of either? I’m worried about job placement(availability, type and pay). What kind of jobs can I land with an Economics degree from UCD or UCSD? Also, the Economic courses available at UCSD seem to be more interesting than those at UCD… has anybody else noticed that? UCD’s Economics courses seem rather bland… unless the electives are hidden somewhere. Is UCSD’s job recruitment still as good or nearly as good as UCLA and Berkeley for Economics?</p>

<p>Also, are the alternate Economics majors better than a straightforward Economics major at UCD or UCSD?</p>

<p>All of a sudden, I have a lot of decisions to make… didn’t think I would get rejected by UCLA.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>