Ed 2027- idoc form late

Hi all,

I applied Early Decision to GWU and filled out both the FASFA and CSS. I also submitted the majority of my IDOC forms, however I did not include all pages in one specific required form. I received a notification about two weeks ago on IDOC (no official GWU email or portal notification) saying it was urgent and they need the form resubmitted, which I attempted to do. However, I spoke with a CB representative today and realized I forgot some of the pages and need to submit a third time. I’m concerned that this delay in the form will impact my admission decision or the order in which my application is viewed. Please help!

Call the school and ask. But really IDOC forms are for financial aid consideration, not admissions. I think GWU might be need aware for admissions…and if that is the case, they will want all of your financial aid forms so they know your level of need.

Perhaps someone else can verify this.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response! I’m 95% sure I don’t qualify for Financial Aid, I just submitted the CSS profile as it is mandatory. I’m hoping they will view my FASFA and CSS profile first. I plan on submitting the IDOC form within the next 24 hours regardless.

Yes. Get it submitted. It’s part of your financial aid application form. You want that to be complete.

Good luck.

why is it mandatory? It’s mandatory if you want aid or want to apply for aid, whether you qualify or not. Many apply for aid, even if they know they don’t apply.

Get it done - IDOC is pretty simple.

Good luck.

1 Like

If the school is need aware…perhaps having a complete financial aid application is a requirement.

Then again…if the student isn’t applying for aid, that could have been indicated on the common AP.

You are sending the forms in…that works!!

I’ve seen some require fafsa for merit. Few but some. I’ve not seen anyone require css or idoc though.

I’m a fan of doing. You never know. But I can’t imagine it’s required if not seeking aid.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.