ED at Syracuse Statistics

In 2022, Syracuse admitted 1113 of the 1799 students who applied ED. Does anyone have the 2023 stats? I can’t seem to find them. Thanks.

I don’t have them, but I also wonder how valuable the info is. A good chunk of those might be Newhouse which has around a 10% acceptance rate. The data would be good to have if it’s broken out by college. My daughter is thinking of ED2 to maxwell so I’m curious as well.

You make a very good point. My hope is that a disproportionate amount of those rejections come from the Newhouse (and perhaps Whitman) schools…at least I hope. thanks.

Syracuse is notoriously closed off with their statistics. Keep in mind that those ED numbers are going to include the recruited athletes.

I don’t understand their EDII. It is the same deadline, 1/5, as RD, you just get a decision sooner. Does that really give the applicant any boost in terms of acceptance rate over RD since they have the same deadline? I suppose it does since EDII is still binding and it helps their yield (and shows demonstrated interest) but I wonder how the acceptance rate differs from EDI.

Short answer is YES, ED gives a boost to an applicant over RD. How much of a boost is different from one school to the next and is entering into a binding agreement worth whatever that boost is - up to the applicant.

EDII is sometimes used as a carrot to EA kids that they defer (boost your chances of an acceptance and apply EDII).

Unless you have someone on the inside at the school you’ll never know how the acceptance rates between ED1/ED2 differ.