ED chance? (sorry)

<p>I'm sure people are sick of these, but I can't help but ask.</p>

<p>I'm a white male from NJ. My intended major is geochemistry.</p>

<p>GPA: 4.2 w (averages out to about an A/high B+)
Rank: HS doesn't rank, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the top 10%, definitely in the top 20%
SAT: 1370/2020 (CR: 710 M: 660 W:650)
SAT II: Math II and Literature (no scores yet, but I think I did alright)
APs: Calc AB: 3
Physics C: 3
taking Stats, Lit, and Chem this year</p>

<p>I'm part of my school's honors program
4 years of English (3 honors, 1 AP)
4 years of Math (Alg 2/Geo Hns, Pre-Calc Hns, AP Calc AB, AP Stats)
3 years of Spanish (3 honors)
3 years of History (World Hns, US I Hns, US II regular. whoops.)
5 science courses in 4 years (Bio Hns, Chems Hns, AP Physics, AP Chem, Environmental Science as an elective)
4 years of Christian Studies (4 honors, all pretty much worthless, but mandatory. that's Catholic school for you.)
Music Theory elective in grade 10 (US I Hns isn't offered to sophomores)</p>

<p>ECs:
concert band (9-12, 1st trumpet, multi-instrumentalist)
jazz ("honors") band (9-12, 1st trumpet, soloist)
marching/pep band (9-12, 1st trumpet, brass captain)
Environment Club (9-12, event coordinator grade 11, president grade 12)
Art Club (9-12)
Tri-M (music honor society) (9-12, vice president grade 12)
Spanish NHS (11-12)</p>

<p>I'm not in NHS because I didn't meet my school's service hour requirement junior year (50 hours by the end of December)</p>

<p>I'm not the most amazing writer, but my essay seems alright. I have rec. letters from my music director and the head of my school's math department, who taught me sophomore and junior year.</p>

<p>I know it might be an issue that I'm an intended science major, but didn't take any science SAT IIs or get a letter from a science teacher, by I think the courses I took make up for that a little bit. </p>

<p>As I said, I'd be applying Early Decision as long as I can get everything together in time, but the deadline is fast approaching and I'd like to do one more draft of my essay, so we'll see.
In any case, what do you think my chances of getting in are?</p>

<p>You are an OOS student so I think that is a plus overall, you look pretty good…work on that application…</p>

<p>I think you have an above average chance of admittance.</p>

<p>Very good chance of acceptance. With your stats, you don’t need to apply ED. They’re strong enough for RD acceptance. By applying RD, you’ll have more options later when your application decisions come around and you’ll be able to compare programs and bottom line costs. It’s also very common for students to think they’re in love with a school in the Fall and then change their mind about it in the Spring. </p>

<p>In short, you have a great shot (although nothing is guaranteed). Now you need to figure out if you really want to apply ED (it’s binding) or if you want to give yourself more options by applying RD. Choice is yours. Either way, you have a good shot at Geneseo.</p>

<p>Good luck to you. Oh–Have you visited the school yet? Always make sure to visit before applying ED to any school.</p>