ED/EA Acceptance/Waiting Thread

<p>Anyone else going to be attending or waiting on a decision?</p>

<p>I’m waiting for EA.</p>

<p>So is my daughter waiting for early action – is the date Feb 15?</p>

<p>Yes, that’s what I’ve heard. :slight_smile: I’m not sure if it’s through e-mail or snail mail though. Tomenow, what are you interested in studying? And My3Daughters, what is your daughter interested in?</p>

<p>I’m really into language and thought :slight_smile: What about you, awkwardcreation?</p>

<p>According to Hampshire’s [Deadlines</a> and Notifications](<a href=“http://www.hampshire.edu/admissions/11862.htm]Deadlines”>Deadlines and Notifications | Hampshire College) , ED notification is Feb 1, EA notification is Feb 15 and RD notification is Apr 1.</p>

<p>Our son applied ED, and our daughter applied EA. He received postal mail notification a day or two after the deadline (this was WAY back in '06 though)</p>

<p>Our daughter applied EA in '09 and received an email on the notification date.</p>

<p>My D only got snail mail I think- class of '11.</p>

<p>Tomenow, I’m into literature, psych and women’s studies. But I also love philosophy and language (especially when they’re combined :)).</p>

<p>My son is waiting for his EA decision too. Hampshire’s notification date is so late. : / The waiting is difficult. He’ll be entering college as undecided, but he’s particularly interested in philosophy and music. We attended one of the open houses in the fall and really enjoyed the visit. I particularly liked the president - what he said and how he was interacting so personally with the attendees. And all of the kids there seemed so open and friendly.</p>

<p>If you REALLY loved your child, here is what you should do for her when she is accepted ED to Hampshire:
<a href=“Redirecting...”>Redirecting...;

<p>So anxious to hear back. I can’t wait another week!</p>

<p>Neither can I… I’ve been really on edge lately, and I’m probably just going to be practically circling the Internet like a vulture for the next week :)</p>

<p>Scratch that…got my acceptance today! :)</p>

<p>Congrats tomenow!! How did you get it - snail mail, e-mail, or portal?</p>

<p>Thanks! Snail mail.
I live in Ohio, by the way :)</p>

<p>akwardcreation, my daughter is interested in linquistics, philosophy, psychology, poetry and languages…or some combination of any of these! Sounds similar to you! </p>

<p>We have not yet received word here in NJ, but she was accepted to a “harder” school, so we’re hoping…</p>

<p>Not sure what the right move for her will be, as she loves NYC. I, however, loved Hampshire, and wish I were young again!</p>

<p>My3Daughters, that’s awesome! I haven’t heard yet either in NY; today is the first day I’ve gotten mail since Friday. The roads were awful. I really hope to hear tomorrow.</p>

<p>My#Daughters- My D is a second year at Hampshire and I can’t tell you the number of times I have heard that parents want a “do over” and to be allowed to go there. It really is a special place for the right student.</p>

<p>Can you please go into further detail, why you think Hampshire is a special place? My daughter is applying all over, she got into Hampshire and we are from AZ, haven’t visited yet and trying to weigh her options. Thanks.</p>