ED vs RD

<p>I understand ED is binding, etc., but are your chances better or worse with ED? My son KNOWS he wants to go to VT, but what percentage get in this way?</p>

<p>He has the best chance with early decision.</p>

<p>
[quote]

Applying for Early Decision</p>

<p>An Early Decision plan is available for freshman applicants who have strong academic qualifications and select Virginia Tech as their first-choice school. Those interested in the Early Decision plan must check that option at the top of the application form, sign the Early Decision statement, and submit all required credentials by November 1. Early Decision applicants are notified of their admission status by December 15. Applicants not offered admission at that time may be deferred and receive unbiased consideration in the regular admission process. In some cases, a student may be denied admission and will not be considered with the regular decision applicant pool. (Students denied admission during the early decision process should not reapply for regular decision admission, but may be considered for transfer admission after a year at another accredited college or university.)

[/quote]
</p>

<p>If they defer him, he is considered for regular decision as well.</p>

<p>I just read on the website that last year 23% of the incoming freshman were taken from the ED pool. Hope this helps.</p>