Ed

<p>I got in early decision!! Glad to officially be a part of the hokie family! Oh also, can i change my major already ?</p>

<p>Congrats to you! Can you post your stats?
I'm pretty sure that you won't officially declare a major until your sophomore year. Giving a "major" on the application really serves as a school choice (ie. engineering vs coll of science). But I could be wrong....</p>

<p>What major were you accepted into and what major do you want to switch to?</p>

<p>chuy- i was accepted as a chemistry major and was wondering on how to try to switch into the engineering.. i was planning on calling the admissions office after winter break- do you think this is the best way of going about it?</p>

<p>engineering is a closed major and is often tedious to switch into. often times engineering sends some applicants into "university studies" or undecided for a year and you get your math and other general classes out of the way first, whilst consulting an advisor on how to get in, then you are considered for switching majors. It might be difficult to switch prior to your sophomore year only because many students understand the engineering admission requirements are more rigorous than other colleges in the university so they try to prevent the loopholes. </p>

<p>I was neighbors with two undecided students tryin to get into engineering my freshman year and they took general classes and did extremely well in them (a 3.9 and 3.8 gpa, dont know wut bearing that had on their switch into engineering) and were admitted to engineering as of their sophomore year. If I was desperate however, I would try to get in touch with an engineering advisor immediately and suggest having your application to be considered for the engineering pool rather than the chemistry pool, which would be almost like reapplying as if you'd never gotten in, but if you got into the chemistry major there is no way you will be denied, only if you'll be an undecided or engineering major.</p>

<p>Thanks Zimmer07. My stats were a 4.54 GPA weighted and a 4.0 unweighted. SATs were a 1750-1180 and I had fairly strong ECs. </p>

<p>chuy- I am currently down as a Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise major with interest in the pre- physical therapy program and want to switch to a Music Technology major. I would need to switch soon because I would have to try out in February and freshman year as a music major is filled with mostly music courses. So, if i didn't switch before freshman year, I would be behind.</p>