Edexcel or IB?

<p>Hey guys, my sister is an International Student and a rising freshman. She wants to attend a University in the US, so she will choose a high school that could help her on the way there. She has narrowed her choices down to two high school, one that awards an IB and one that offers the Edexcel diploma. Edexcel is not as well-known as IB so that scares her. What should she do, which diploma is better for the way to US?</p>

<p>Considering I’m in the US and haven’t heard of Edexcel either, I think IB may be the best choice for her. But I’m not in admissions or anything for a university, so I have no way of knowing how they view it, to be honest.</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>I have heard of Edexcel its a lot like the CIE A levels isn’t it? My mum is a principal of an international school in India and strongly recommends US hopefuls to do the IB instead of A levels. A levels are great and challenging and gives you more flexibility compared to the IBDP but IBDP is more recognised and also, IMHO, more difficult. It is closer to what you would be expected to do in uni compared to A levels. I have reasonable exposure to both I would say Math and Science A levels wins hands down, overall education I don’t know anything better than the IBDP. </p>