Edgar Fellows Program (Honors Program)

<p>Has anyone received a letter inviting them to apply yet?</p>

<p>I don't think I will get one :( I have a 1430 SAT, 30 ACT and a 90/100 UW GPA, and it says you need two of three of the following: 1400 SAT, 32 ACT, 95 GPA.... :(</p>

<p>Please post here with your invitations, stats, and later, acceptances.</p>

<p>I just got a letter in the mail today inviting me to apply.</p>

<p>SAT: 1370
ACT: 33
GPA: 97</p>

<p>I got mine today. This is doing nothing to make the Binghamton/Geneseo choice any easier, haha.
ACT-34, SAT-1440/2140, GPA-96</p>

<p>I got one today too.</p>

<p>SAT: 1570/2340
GPA: 97</p>

<p>My s got one too</p>

<p>ACT 34
GPA 102.57 (we don’t have uw GPA)
SAT 1370</p>

<p>I got a letter asking to apply also, but don’t have extraordinary stats so there’s still hope for others!</p>

<p>93.7 UW GPA
1430 SAT
32 ACT (34 superscored)</p>

<p>I have alot of ECs though and I’m not sure if that was why I still got the letter with a slightly low GPA
If your interested, my primary ECs are
3 season varsity athlete
Leadership positions in Model UN and Literary Magazine
selected to attend an international Model UN conference
worked on some research with a U of Rochester professor over the summer</p>

<p>Does anyone have any information on how many students get letters asking them to apply, how many actually apply, and how many are eventually selected? I’m going to be honest, I never seriously considered Geneseo when applying, but the Edgar Fellows Program sounds awesome.</p>

<p>Others have said that ~100 are invited and 30-40 are accepted, but I don’t know if that is true or not.</p>

<p>Does anyone know what the scholarship associated with the program is like?</p>

<p>^According to the website, I think you get either $1400 or $2000; I don’t know how they pick who gets which of those.</p>

<p>MY daughter is currently an Edgar Fellow at Geneseo. It is a great program and the scholarship is $2000 per year. She picked Geneseo over other school because of that and she’s very happy she did. I think the selection process is based a lot on the essay you have to write once you are invited to apply.</p>

<p>Hey guys,
Do you know if we can e-mail a PDF file or does it have to be a .doc file? They didn’t really specify, they just said the response must be in the form of one electronic file.</p>

<p>I’ll put in my two cents here. My daughter is a sophomore and in the Honors Program. She loves it!! She was fortunate enough to have Professor Stacey Edgar (the program is named after her husband, Bill) for her Honors class the first semester and loved the class. The class was invited to the Edgar’s home for dinner and she got to meet Professor Bill Edgar. She also loved living in Dante House, this is the small dorm (Wayne Hall) reserved for freshman honors student and international students. And her resulting scholarship was $2000 per year. My daughter also got into the Honors program at U of Buffalo, but Geneseo was definitely the right place for her. Good luck to all those asked to apply!</p>

<p>So…anyone else probably not going to bother applying for this program?</p>

<p>DS sent his electronic file last night. Since Geneseo is not currently his first choice, it is somewhat unlikely he will go there even if he gets offered the extra scholarship, but I insisted he try “just in case”. He will attend one of the accepted student events in April.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Haha, yeah, I didn’t apply. There’s no way I’d go to Geneseo now after skipping this opportunity so not doing the application was basically my way of narrowing down my choices early on. </p>

<p>Good luck to everyone who wrote essays !</p>

<p>

Yeah, that probably turned into a definitely. :D</p>