Edgar Fellows Program

<p>Today I got a letter inviting me to apply to the Edgar Fellows Program, is this the Geneseo equivalent to an honors program? I see it comes with a $2000/year scholarship.</p>

<p>I will apply of course, but does anyone here know more about it?</p>

<p>Yes, it is Geneseo’s honors program.
Just curious, did you get this with your acceptance or in another letter?</p>

<p>I got my acceptance last Saturday and the Edgar Fellows invite today. :)</p>

<p>Buffalo, NY. Honors letter was postmarked March 1st</p>

<p>Ah, thanks very much.
NYC here so if I get one it should be two days from now (since my acceptance came monday)</p>

<p>Congratulations? Would you post your stats? Thanks</p>

<p>Daughter accepted with invitation to Honors Program. 2250 SAT and 1st in class (small school). Binghamton grad myself-but for someone like my daughter-this is a better fit. Great school.</p>

<p>Stats:</p>

<p>Male
GPA through junior year: 90
GPA through midyear report: 96
Class rank: Top 25% (competitive medium sized private school)</p>

<p>SAT: 2180
ACT: 34</p>

<p>Got a letter too on long island =]</p>

<p>Stats:
GPA - 95 / 100
Class Rank - School doesn’t rank
SAT - 2140
ACT - 34</p>

<p>Oh and btw, how many kids get invited /accepted to this program?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I wanna know this too!</p>

<p>Male
Stats : M800 V750 WR680 (2230)
GPA 3.93
OOS (Intl)</p>

<p>Do they have an accepted students weekend?</p>

<p>Aw man, looks like I won’t be getting one. Barely missed the cutoff (1350M&V) and 95GPA. I had a 1340 -__-</p>

<p>man i’d be so disappointed if i didn’t get one. thought i would but i sent them an older test date with 1370 sat cr plus math instead of my total 1420 score Cr: 800, M: 620 - would this be the reason? bioblade i know you live in nyc as well? would you mind telling us if you received one?</p>

<p>@Caterpillar: All the letters were sent out last week=/</p>

<p>Nope, I didn’t get one.
I had a 1470 Combined SAT.</p>

<p>However, I’m doing the 3-2 engineering program (confirmed it with them and they sent me info about it in my packet), so I wouldn’t have been able to do the capstone project as an honors student.
Also, I sent my application in quite a bit late, so that might be another reason, haha.</p>

<p>With the honors courses, geneseo’s gen ed courses and the courses I need for columbia, well, my schedule would have required me to take 6-7 courses a semester, so I don’t really mind. There’s plenty of people who could take full advantage of the honors program, while I wouldn’t be able to, so its fine.</p>

<p>well at least they gave me good fin aid - i have an efc of 0 as well- everything is maxed out</p>

<p>Okay, Stony Brook admissions guy lurking in the Geneseo forum here. But I’m a Geneseo Edgar Fellows alumnus (back when it was simply the Honors Program), and it’s a great program that has produced some amazing students. Congratulations to those of you who were admitted!</p>

<p>Chris</p>

<p>@sbuadmissions : Are there any advantages to being in the Honors program? I know for instance that Alabama has a whole separate dorms for Honors kids, priority registration, etc. Does the same apply to Geneseo?</p>

<p>there was a thread about this last year and one current student explained it very well (benefits) on the last page. just search for it.</p>

<p>So you can’t apply to the Honors Program separately? You automatically apply to it when you apply to Geneseo??</p>

<p>they send you an application for it separately if you qualify.</p>