Edgar fellows

<p>weren't we suppossed to hear back today with the Edgar fellows decisions?</p>

<p>ek</p>

<p>just found the letter in a huge pile o’ crap. states “on or about april 12”</p>

<p>soon, maybe… anyone hear yet?</p>

<p>My daughter has not heard yet…and while we were waiting she decided on another college. Seems like they should have let the prospective students know a little earlier if they were definitely in or not…you can never assume anything. I know that students can technically wait longer to make their decision, but for students who have been in the midst of this long process, it is nice to finally make that decision and move on with the rest life! No major complaints about the process-just think it would have been useful to know for sure while weighing Geneseo against others.</p>

<p>Poor scheduling on Geneseo’s part if they let people know AFTER most deposits are due. They could potentially lose some very smart people from this.</p>

<p>I visited Geneseo today. They said that decisions will be mailed out this week!</p>

<p>I got the letter today and I was waitlisted for the program.</p>

<p>It’s too bad because that was going to be the deciding factor for if I go there or not. </p>

<p>Colgate University '14 :)</p>

<p>Same here. Goodbye Geneseo. Waitlisted.</p>

<p>Same. And that was one of my deciding factors as well. Yay for waitlists!</p>

<p>don’t discredit bc of a waitlist - I’m probably not going there so there’s at least one open spot. I feel like a lot of people who are qualified enough to get accepted are going to be considering other schools as well.</p>

<p>ek</p>

<p>Same as EK above–my daughter will reluctantly decline to accept Edgar Fellows offer. Geneseo is an excellent value-this Edgars Fellowship is an exciting program not offered to me 30 years ago (although I was fortunate to have taken a class for Bill Edgars. You will love the program: guaranteed housing, early registration, special classes, senior thesis (sounds like Williams College, Harvard or Princeton at a fraction of the cost). </p>

<p>Why has she declined Geneseo? Her choice of major (physics theory) dictates going to a large, but nearby university, where she can “smash atoms”. If it was any other major, or if she was settled on teaching physics in high school, (Geneseo historically was always a teachers’ college) I would urge her to stay, because it would cost nearly two-thirds less.</p>

<p>Those of you still on the fence about Geneseo–it really is an excellent choice. Geneseo is a safe, beautiful town. The campus has a private school feel. If you know you are going to live and work in NYS (especially upstate NYS) then you will be attending a school with kids who know how to pronounce the name of your hometown and who you will inevitably meet later on in your careers. I work in building with 5 other Geneseo grads–all of them at the top of their respective careers, and all of them out of debt! All of us wonder if we could even get accepted to Geneseo today–so congratulations to you upon gaining admission to one of America’s best value colleges!</p>