Education Major chances of getting in

It doesnt seem like anyone is an education major on these boards…do they even take education majors Stats

Rank 254/1670
Unweighted GPA 3.98
SAT 1190
ACT 25
Lots of extras Band,PALs(mentor program) NHS,volleyball, teaching program,lots of service hours,AP and dual credit classes

What are the chances of us hearing positive news @AggieMomhelp

@mrsqster LOL it’s because as a freshman, your major doesn’t dictate if you get in or not. Not even for Engineering. You get into the University and then place in your major if it’s not full. Only Viz and Eng. have a separate review process to get into their major. So yes, lots of education majors (great field), but irrelevant as a freshman for admittance. Does that make sense? As for your chances. I’d say yes you have a great shot at full admittance with solid rank of 15%. BUT your ACT and SAT are kind of below average from what we are seeing. BUT… Your ECs look really good. I’ve seen ACT of 20 be accepted and I’ve seen a 28 be given Blinn Team. Just depends on the year and right now we don’t have many data points for this year! I would stay hopeful though! Best of luck and keep us posted.