EEK! My son now has a student tab

<p>He just applied to UA a week and a half ago so I have been stalking his UA page. There wasn’t a student tab this morning, but I decided to check again just now and I was excited to see that student tab. He has no clue. He knows I am stalking the site, but he is not because he wants to be surprised when he gets the official certificate in the mail. One of his best friends got her’s in the mail yesterday and she applied 3 weeks ago. I am so excited for my son. Several of his friends are going to UA and he has 2 cousins there as well (my niece and nephew) so while it will be a new adventure, he won’t be doing it alone. And because we live in North Alabama he is close enough to come home any time he wants/needs to. Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement. I had been wondering how to tell on his UA page if he got in or not so I found this site yesterday and that’s when I found out about the student tab showing up. So thank y’all. I’m sure I will be asking a lot of questions and learning a lot from this site since this is my first experience sending one of mine to college (my other two are a sophomore and 7th grader).</p>

<p>EEEEEEEKKK!!!</p>

<p>Congrats and Roll Tide, Bamamama!</p>

<p>Congrats! </p>

<p>We’re only a year ahead you, with a freshman son at Bama, and I’m still a junior member, but here are a two things that come to mind.</p>

<p>First, I did the same thing. Waited for DS to get his admissions certificate in the mail, even though I “knew” a few days beforehand. It worked out very well, the only clues I gave him were a higher number of spontaneous smiles around the house. Confused him, I’m sure. He had a blast walking around school with the Golden Ticket. Most teachers and friends were excited, a few were (I suspect) surprised. Very satisfying for all of us.</p>

<p>Second, CC is an amazing resource. They’ve even accepted me for some reason, so their tolerance for a clueless and sometimes painful post is obviously very high. Jump on in, the water’s fine.</p>

<p>Congratulations! Welcome and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Congratulations! </p>

<p>Bama was my D’s first acceptance. She loved that they loved her. She’s now a junior at UA and loving it. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Congrats!!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide! You could go ahead and put his housing deposit down.</p>