ELC best way to go for UCs?

<p>If you have been accepted to ELC, is it the best way to go for UCs? Does give you a better chance than if you take the other 2 paths? I’m kind of unsure about whether it benefits you in the application process or not. Thanks.</p>

<p>It definitely does. You get into half the UCs with just that (Davis is one of them). Also, the percentage of ELC acceptance to schools like UCLA and Cal nearly double.</p>

<p>I'm ranked 6 out of 503 (grades 10-12 which is what counts for ELC) yet I am not eligible for it because I went to a school in Nevada for my junior year. I'm back in California now.</p>

<p>Does this affect my chances?</p>

<p>Naeem: I think you should check with your guidance counselor. I think for UCs you have to be a resident for the past two years, but I can't confirm this.</p>

<p>Does ELC matter that much? My school is not very large so only about 15 students were in the top 4% (I'm number 18 >_< so I got the letter saying that I am "on track"). I'm pretty sure that I beat out a lot of other student's in the state though. Does this greatly affect the chance of me getting into LA or Berkeley?</p>

<p>You need to be top 4 percent. At ELC status to qualify... Not the within 12.5 percent thing... </p>

<p>To the OP... congratulations. ELC status guarantees you to Riverside, Davis, Merced, possibly Irvine. Also makes you a top pick for SD. However, I don't think LA or Berkeley cares that much...</p>