ELC ID Number

<p>Are ELC numbers still given to students who fall under the 4% range but above the 12.5%? I know for a fact that two years ago students who were evaluated for ELC, but we’re not found to be in the top 4% still received ELC identification numbers to ‘aid’ their application. It appears from the letter that every student that was evaluated received a number, but has this changed? </p>

<p>For what it’s worth, the students who received the number received them postmarked November 11, 2008. </p>

<p>Should students who were evaluated for ELC, but did not qualify for top 4% wait for an ELC number? Or should we assume that they are not sending out numbers anymore?</p>

<p>I think you should assume you’re not getting one. Why would they wait until after the applications have been released (November 1) to give everyone their ELC number? It wouldn’t be fair to those who submitted their applications earlier. Also, I can’t imagine that it would be fair to give an “ELC” number to kids who didn’t earn it.</p>