ELC in the Future?

<p>Everyone says the UC’s and colleges in general are more competitive to get into every year. This is absolutely true, and it can be seen by the admitted stats in the past few years. But this leads to me a question on “ELC” for the UC’s. I think UCSB, UCD and UCI were all ELC for the past few years? Meaning you were guaranteed to the colleges if you were ELC. Also, UCSD gave you like 500 points for being ELC and so on. Will they remain ELC? Especially in 2012, when ELC will be top 9% and not top 4%.</p>

<p>Thoughts?</p>

<p>bump…</p>

<p>thoughts??</p>

<p>If the UC’s keep heading on the direction they are as of now, theoretically, ELC will not be a guarantee in the near future. As the population increases and budget decreases, there will be more ELC applicants and less college acceptance spots. Just my theory.</p>

<p>It’s going to be top 9 percent next year? Then I’d say probably only SC, M, and R would be guarantees.</p>

<p>^In 2012, apparently they want to ensure more kids go to UC’s. </p>

<p>“Beginning with the class entering in fall 2012, the ELC program is expanding to include 9 percent of high schools’ graduating classes, and the subject requirement is changing.”</p>

<p>I agree, maybe it will come down to just to 2 or 3 campuses. </p>

<p>Any others?</p>

<p>There were some hints that the ELC guarantee may completely go away at the WACAC conference in June.</p>

<p>@The Legend
Too bad the class of 2012 will never be able to experience college because 2012 is coming LOL</p>