ELC letters for UC applications?

So, I got this ELC letter for UCs over summer, which said that I was in the top 15% of my class and that I’m guaranteed admission to at least one UC( which I think is only UC merced and Riverside). ANywyas, I forgot to turn it in and im pretty sure it’s too late. Will this affect my chances of admission for the better recognized UCs like Berkeley, LA, UCSD, UCSB, and UC Davis? BTW i’m not applying to UC Merced or Riverside.

When you have completed the UC application, before you submit, it will state if you are ELC eligible (top 9% of your HS class or within the state). ELC only guarantees a spot at UC Merced if you are not accepted at a UC of your choice. Misplacing the letter will not effect your chances.

My D just submitted her UC app a week ago and there was no notification of ELC upon submission. However when she went back in today to check her app status a “Congratulations” banner came up stating that she is ELC - top 9% within her school So the notification came after she submitted, not before.

1 Like

alright thnak you

@Gumbymom What’s the difference between being recognized as the top 9% of your class and being in the top 9% of the state. Is one better than the other? Does it help in college decisions for UCs? P.S. I was recognized as being in the top 9% of my class when I turned in the application.

They are different path’s to the same end. ELC is considered in your admissions decision but all it guarantees is that if you are not accepted to your choice UC, you will be given a spot at the default campus which is UC Merced.