Elc letters?

<p>just curious if anyone else found the wording confusing…didn’t make elc but they ramble on about being “on-track” for eligibility in statewide context, then in next sentence say, “as a UC-eligible student” you are guaranteed admission to a UC
just unclear what they are trying to say about statewide eligibility
the kicker was they enclose a brochure for U Merced…
how did yours read, if you did or didn’t make ELC, and did you get the Merced brochure regardless???</p>

<p>I haven't gotten mine yet...Do they send those out to everyone who signed the release letters or something?</p>

<p>at our school signing the release letter didn't guarantee that they would be sending in your transcript, as the letters were done before year-end grades came out
but assuming your transcript was in fact sent in, you should get a letter with results at some point</p>

<p>Ah, I remember the tricky wording that came with the ELC packet for those that didn't make the cut. All it means ithat if you're rejected from all the UCs that you applied to. The University of California will find a UC for you. Most likely it will be UC Riverside or UC Merced.</p>

<p>wecandothis: I recieved a packet last year from elc stating that I was on the right track, but did not qualify elc. They sent me another packet with a registration number, so when the application became available Nov. 1 I just went to the elc section and put in my number. My information was already inputed. I applied and was accepted to UCI,UCD, and UCSB College of Engineering. I was rejected from UCLA, UCB, and UCSD College of Engineering. If I had to do it all over again, I would of applied liberal studies to the top tier UC's</p>

<p>mine says congratulations!</p>

<p>and a flyer from ucmerced is that what others got?</p>

<p>I just got mine today. I got a Congratulations letter, a booklet of UC info, the Merced flyer, and the online application number</p>

<p>I got it, but for ELC do they use the 10-11 grade GPA or from 9-11?</p>

<p>10-11. freshman year doesn't count</p>

<p>ELC letters are out for 2010 applicants!</p>

<p>^^don’t get too excited. The big UC computer in Oakland sends them out on a rolling basis, under the FIFO theory. Letters continue to be mailed thru September.</p>

<p>ELC means your chances will go up greatly for getting accepted into a UC. Because of ELC, I was guaranteed acceptance into Irvine and Davis. And yeah, I got a Merced flyer.</p>

<p>I looked at my schools status on their website and said the transcripts had been finalized. when will i be getting my letter?</p>

<p>@xargon</p>

<p>“UC begins mailing ELC notification letters to students at the end of August, and these letters continue through September.”</p>

<p>source: [ELC</a> Notifications](<a href=“http://www.ucop.edu/sas/elc/notifyinfo.html]ELC”>http://www.ucop.edu/sas/elc/notifyinfo.html)</p>

<p>When will we know which schools are offering ELC acceptance?</p>

<p>I got my letter today. A congrats letter and UC Intro Booklet, but where’s my number?</p>

<p>^ Number to follow shortly.</p>

<p>With regard to those asking about which campuses, you’ll know that when you start getting offers from those campuses.
:)</p>

<p>^i got an email from davis…does that count?..</p>

<p>^ I don’t think so, I’ve been getting emails form Davis, Berkeley, and some other one I can’t remember.</p>

<p>Unless the system has radically changed, it’s two snail-mail notifications in a row.</p>