Elc letters?

<p>@tokdoc, most of the UCs will send you a letter that said you “guarantee a spot at their school”. But don’t be mindful with UCB and UCLA, they didn’t send me one last year, or they might send you a letter to wish you good luck to get in their school now that your part of ELC, just like UCSD sent me one. You guys should be lucky you got accepted into ELC.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Some do, but not to all of those eligible. Plus, with mailing costs being what they are, it’s possible that the mail will be curtailed. Plus, the USPS doesn’t have a 100% delivery guarantee, so it’s possible that a campus sends you a postcard or some such but it does not get to your home.</p>

<p>E-mail the ELC office and they can tell you which campuses are part of the guarantee program.</p>

<p>^ Or they can use the specific elc office phone number to call and ask the same info. :)</p>

<p>epiphany is spot-on in that a phone call is faster. But, I much prefer to get EVERYthing in writing when it comes to admissions. Too many unknowledgeable, but trying-to-be-helpful, work study students answering the phones. (Sure, the same student may be answering e-mail, but at least it forces them to think a little longer before putting the response into writing.)</p>

<p>Just my $0.02.</p>

<p>FYI: Found this link that indicates UCSB will be offering ELC students guaranteed admission for the Fall of 2010.</p>

<p><a href=“https://www.admissions.sa.ucsb.edu/Pdf/Shoreline.pdf[/url]”>https://www.admissions.sa.ucsb.edu/Pdf/Shoreline.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I haven’t received any ELC letter accepting or denying me. However, many of friends received letters almost two weeks ago saying whether or not they were accepted into the program. Is this an issue where I simply haven’t received the letter yet?</p>

<p>Post 24:</p>

<p>I meant that we used the phone to ascertain whether any other follow-up docs had been sent, or would be sent. It was helpful to get that info, to know what to look for.
:)</p>

<p>Does anyone know if the ELC identification number is on the original letter they sent out? There’s a small number on the top of the letter (aside from my school code) but I’m not sure if that’s the one. Is it?</p>

<p>they send a letter telling you your elc number in a seperate letter. I got an acceptance letter for elc a couple of weeks ago and today I got my number. I never got a merced flyer though, just a regular uc packet.</p>

<p>does being in elc increase chances for one of the better uc’s, like UCSD? or does it just mean that you are guaranteed into one of the lower uc’s like merced or riverside? my gpa is just average, but I’m hoping being part of elc will help my chances for a better school.</p>

<p>I got my ELC number in the mail today, but I haven’t received any info from the UCs :frowning: . Does anyone know which one is guaranteed?</p>

<p>pisces: I think it does increase your chances at other UCs.</p>

<p>pisces, yeah I just got the letter today. Thanks for answering though. My friend told me about the ELC number and I didn’t remember seeing one so I was panicking a little.</p>

<p>Wait… that’s weird, I didn’t get a Merced flyer but I did get the letter, the code(just today) and the UC booklet… how come?</p>