ELC letters?

<p>so back in may/june i receive this letter saying i was part of the top 10% of my school and all, and they asked me to sign a form releasing my GPA, transcript info. and all…
i DID turn it in, but i am scared that maybe the secretary forgot to mail it out or worse… i dont know</p>

<p>my school status shows that 37/47 people had transcript submitted, and im hoping that im one of the people who submitted it (like i filed out hte form but i hope the secretary did not make a mistake)… </p>

<p>so a new status is shown:
Date Student Packets Sent: 09/29/2010</p>

<p>so i know that means the student packs are in the mail (hooray!) but how long does it take… i know they have crappy delivery and all… so yeah</p>

<p>i live in san diego, and it comes from oakland…</p>

<p>is it coming by USPS or something else?
and so will i get it tomorrow, Friday the 1st? or monday? or maybe sometime next week???</p>

<p>thanks :)</p>

<p>btw. this is the UC Eligibility by Local Context in referring to (ELC)</p>

<p>You should get it tomorrow, depending on the mail service. My son, also in San Diego, received his letter 2 days after the Date Student Packet Sent. Its just a thin envelope, and it comes in the regular mail.</p>

<p>spatel23</p>

<p>If you don’t get it by Monday, go ask your counselor. They have known for a week now. My son goes to your school and found out last week. Good luck…</p>

<p>SDmom2 and SDMomof3</p>

<p>thanks for answering my question…i got my ELC letter today… and… well</p>

<p>I GOT IT!!! i was so relieved…i am now an ELC member thingy. :)</p>

<p>Hi,
I received a letter from the UC’s, but it does not tell me that I received ELC. I am in the top 4% of my class. My UC GPA calculated using this site: [CaliforniaColleges.edu</a> - Calculating Your GPA](<a href=“http://www.californiacolleges.edu/admissions/california-state-university-csu/gpa_calculator.asp#calculator]CaliforniaColleges.edu”>http://www.californiacolleges.edu/admissions/california-state-university-csu/gpa_calculator.asp#calculator) is a 3.87 GPA. I do not understand why I did not receive an ELC code. If you could help explain why/why not, that would be great.
Thank you</p>

<p>Choclate Puff:
the site you used is for CSU GPA… and im not sure how that compares to UC’s (what i heard was CALPOLY SLO is the only CSU that is the same as hte UC’s)…
so that SU GPA is only for CSU’s.</p>

<p>UC’s do their UC GPA for the ELC, so that will be considered… maybe post your grades (10-11) on the forums and see what your UC GPA is… i dont think they have a calculator or anything specially for UC’s… that would be your best bet…</p>