ELC question

<p>does anyone know which UC campuses are going to guarantee admission for 08-09?</p>

<p>
[quote]
For fall 2008, UC Davis, UC Irvine (except Dance and Music majors
and applicants to the schools of Engineering and Information and
Computer Science), UC Merced, UC Riverside and UC Santa Barbara will
guarantee admission to ELC students provided applicants satisfactorily
complete their remaining high school requirements. For a description of
ELC evaluation criteria and guarantees for each UC campus, see UC Campus
Policies and Procedures for Evaluating Freshman Applicants.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I'm guessing that it won't change for next year's class.</p>

<p>UC Davis will once again offer guaranteed admissions to Fall 2009 applicants who qualify for admissions to the University of California through the Eligibility in the Local Context program. Please understand that you still need to apply to UC Davis; we won't automatically review your application for consideration.</p>

<p>ok thanks.</p>

<p>if we got the letter saying that we missed the top 4%, but we also got our own unique application, is that the same application as the usual UC one?</p>

<p>^I want to know this too.</p>

<p>There is only ONE UC application, and they prefer you do online.</p>

<p>has anyone recieved their pin yet? i got my letter but no pin.</p>

<p>When is the latest that the ELC notification is sent out? I'm pretty sure I'm ELC, but I haven't received a letter...</p>

<p>You can check the status of your HS on the following site:</p>

<p><a href="https://www.ucelc.org/ucschoolstatus/school_status_search.htm%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://www.ucelc.org/ucschoolstatus/school_status_search.htm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>so basically everyone needs a PIN to apply to a UC?</p>

<p>no sports61kh you do not need a PIN to apply unless you are ELC. People who made ELC i think need a PIN because their application is different in the sense that some of the information is already filled out.</p>

<p>Last year those "reviewed" for ELC got a pin, even if they were not ELC. Last year it was suggested "ELC reviewed" applicants use that pin, even if they are just "qualified on track".</p>

<p>have any of you guys ^ received your PIN numbers? I got my ELC letter like 09/28 and haven't gotten the second letter with the pin yet =/</p>

<p>tmc09 I recieved my PIN two days ago so I wouldn't worry. Yours is probably coming too. I recieved my first ELC letter on Sept 13 by the way. Don't know why it took so long sine the original letter said it arrive in only 1 week.</p>

<p>I got my PIN but I never received my ELC username letter because it got lost in the mail at my friend's house (since I use her address for school).
Is the username generic? Many of my friends got LastFirst000</p>

<p>so if u got mailed a PIN then use it, if no mail then do the regular way?</p>

<p>call the elc office (google UC elc).</p>