ELC Question

<p>I’m a junior currently.
From what I understand, ELC gets sent out end of august. right?</p>

<p>I go to a public school now, where I am pretty sure that I qualify for ELC. However, I am considering going to private school next year where I definitely would not. Could I go to the private school next year, and keep my ELC status, or would it get wiped? assuming the school starts in september.</p>

<p>bumpbumpbump</p>

<p>stay at public, ELC is very important! Especially when the economy is bad and UC's are cutting enrollment. ELC will improve your chances of getting into the UC's.</p>

<p>but will I be able to retain ELC if I transfer schools? my intent is to keep the ELC as top priority, but I would like to transfer if possible.</p>

<p>Your answer might be here somewhere.</p>

<p>Welcome</a> to ELC</p>

<p>I seem to recall it's determined by where you are end of Jr. year. Unless you are near the bottom of the UC pool, I don't believe ELC is "very important" for the average CC student. It was developed for kids in "bad" schools, and that's where it makes the most difference.</p>

<p>^Ok, but I'd like to be accepted to UCSB before 12th grade even begins. It's my first choice, and although I could go to UCSD and a 50/50 at the Cal and LA if I study for my SAT, I don't want to the slightest bit. That site is far too much to read, but i do appreciate the response. I browsed but couldn't find. I know it's a specific question, but can anyone chime in?</p>

<p>We did not get an official ELC notification until the end of Sept. beginning of Oct. last year. It depends on when your school sent in all the required paperwork.</p>

<p>I'd contact the ELC help desk and discuss this with them. Number and email can be found on the "Students and Parents" page.</p>

<p>You cannot be accepted to any UC campus until spring after you apply, which is in the fall. Even if you qualify for ELC, you must APPLY to the ELC guarantee campus. And, more importantly, just bcos UCSB is a 'guarantee' school this year doesn't mean it will be one next year. (Sure, SB has been a guarantee school for the past xx years, but UC can always change policy.)</p>

<p>Thanks guys. I don't think it will be a problem anymore, though. Don't think it's ganna work out, so I shall stay.</p>