ELC Results?

<p>Did anyone get their ELC results? and if yes, what colleges guarantee ELC students?</p>

<p>usually its the lower tier UCs.</p>

<p>bump!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>There's a statistic that I can't seem to find which shows that for the most part all mid and lower tier UCs accept people ELC unconditionally, although that seems at odds with the Davis points system. For UCSD, people ELC have a 90% admissions rate to the school. It also helps let you be eligible for scholarships.</p>

<p>Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>Last year it was Irvine and Merced that offered admission to ELC students.</p>

<p>It actually depends on how high you rank. Last year, Anyone who was in the top 10% of their class were guaranteed admission to the lower UC's like UCSC, UCR, and UCM. In addition to the ones listed, the top 4% of the class were guaranteed admission to UCD, UCI, and UCSD
When I say guaranteed that means they knew for sure they would be accepted prior to applying. Also, those that were in the top 4% were sent acceptance letters, from what I can remember, UCD and UCM...Way before the application due date.</p>

<p>In addition, my friend who was in the top 10% of the class didn't get accepted anywhere he applied to except SFSU (which was supposed to be a super back up). He applied to UCD, Cal, UCSB, and UCI (for those who will ask). So, being the proud person that he was He couldn't accept going to a CC, so he was going to go to SFSU. HOWEVER, at the end of May he was sent a letter from UCM which offered him admission to the school. As stated, he is a a proud person, so he accepted the offer.</p>

<p>alluong I believe you are confusing UCD with UCSB. To my knowledge UCD did not accept ELC students last year but UCSB (and UCI) did for sure.</p>

<p>Our school in the Bay Area had at least ELC last year that I know of (if not more) to Davis...</p>

<p>What she means is that ELC guaranteed people admission to UCSB and UCI. Obviously people get into Davis if they're ELC and have other good stuff, but its not guaranteed (at least it seems that way now) like the others. ELC is a major plus for all UCs, although for UCLA and UCB, it only roughly doubles your chances of getting in as opposed to a normal applicant (45% of ELC gets admitted, whereas the general admission for these schools is low 20s, unless I'm reading the data wrong...)</p>

<p>Actually, the one person I know of was guaranteed to Davis in ELC--he knew last fall. Obviously, that might not be the same this year.</p>

<p>Answer The Question!</p>

<p>Did anyone get their ELC results?</p>

<p>Apparently not that's reading this!</p>

<p>Think about how this forum operates. If someone got their ELC notification yet, they'd</p>

<p>A) Told you already
B) Posted on this thread to ask what it does
or
C) make a thread here to ask what it does</p>

<p>Since that hasn't happened on any UC forums, we can safely conclude that the answer to question #1 is no.</p>

<p>UC Davis did guarantee admissions to all ELC students who applied to the campus for the fall 2007 term. At this time, we expect to guarantee admissions to our campus for all fall 2008 ELC applicants. Please note, if selected as ELC the student still needs to continue to meet the requirements for ELC and we can only guarantee admissions to the campus.</p>

<p>UCD Admissions, can you respond on the UC Davis High School Scholar thread?</p>

<p>We've been waiting for ELC results but have not heard anything. Has anyone received results? Also, what would the results tell you?</p>

<p>No evidence of results in my neck of the woods but I noticed there was a change on the ELC website where you can check your schools submission. It now reads "evaluation completed"</p>

<p>ELC notification for my D came in the mail today. The package includes a congratulatory letter with the ELC ID #, instructions on a personalized application through a special link, and a UC brochure. There is no mention of which schools guarantee admission (other than that there is the guarantee, and that "you may not be admitted to your first choice"). I expect there will be later notification which UCs are involved, maybe through a letter from the particular UC.</p>

<p>Same here...just got my latter with ELC ID number.</p>