ELC (Top 4%) Notification

<p>Does anyone know when they come out and whether letters are sent to the schools or the students first?</p>

<p>Notifications go out on a rolling basis as they are completed. They are sent from early September through October. You can enter your high school name and city here <a href=“https://www.ucelc.org/ucschoolstatus/school_status_search.htm[/url]”>https://www.ucelc.org/ucschoolstatus/school_status_search.htm&lt;/a&gt; to see the status of their submission. The 9th field down, “UCELC Evaluation Status” will tell you if it has been completed for your school.</p>

<p>What is a school ATP code and where can I find it? Had anyone received a ELC letter yet for fall 2011 admission?</p>

<p>Our school’s code is listed on the school website. I’m not sure if there is a central place online that lists all of the school codes. No one from our school has received an ELC letter yet – the website Alamemom cited says that our school submitted the transcripts and the UCELC Evaluation Status is: “Final Processed - ELC Students”, whatever that means.</p>

<p>If you don’t know your school’s code, you can just enter your school’s name and city in the link above and the system will find it. You can even just list your city and the system will give a list of high schools in that city. (The system includes California high schools only.)</p>

<p>“Final processed” means they have processed the school’s submission but not yet sent out letters. It will say “Evaluation Completed” when it is done and letters are ready to be sent or have been sent. In the past, it has taken about two weeks from the time “Evaluation Completed” shows for letters to appear (maybe they have serious mail-room issues???).</p>

<p>Thanks Alamemom! I have a friend who is anxiously running out to her mailbox every day looking for that letter. I will send her the link so she has a better idea when to expect it.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the information. I guess we’ll just have to wait…</p>

<p>Looked at the link above and saw our school and ‘final processed’ is listed. Anyone able to comment on the number of transcripts requested/sent line item. What does that mean…all get letters or all are evaluated and then some get letters?</p>

<p>Does anyone know what it means if the submission status is “Submission Complete?” (i.e. How much longer will the potential ELC students have to wait to find out whether they’re actually top 4%?)</p>

<p>Does anyone know what the ELC school is this year??</p>

<p>Re post #8: UC requests the top 10% transcripts be sent for ELC evaluation. The top 4% receive ELC letters and the remainder receieve either “on track to statewide eligibility” letters or notification that they can not complete eligibility within the remaining school year.</p>

<p>Re post #10: The 2011 guaranteed campuses are Davis, Irvine, Santa Barbara, Riverside and Merced.</p>

<p>alamemom,</p>

<p>Son just got ELC, but his counselor told him that Merced & Irvine were the only schools guaranteed admission. Where did you find the Fall 2011 schools? This really impacts where he will be applying. He wants to limit to UCSB UCLA & UCB, using UCSB as his safety school. When it was guaranteed to UCSB, this would have worked. Can’t really find anything that tells us.</p>

<p>sbrownell,</p>

<p>Congratulations to your son! For the UCSB information, I got that from a counselor’s newsletter straight from UCSB. Here is the pertinent passage:

And here is a link to the newsletter to put your mind at ease: <a href=“http://www.admissions.ucsb.edu/Pdf/Shoreline.pdf[/url]”>http://www.admissions.ucsb.edu/Pdf/Shoreline.pdf&lt;/a&gt; See page #3.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks alamemom. Just got your name too. Made me smile this morning. Only wish my son’s school counselors were as on top of this as you. I will forward this to her.</p>

<p>As for the other guaranteed campuses, I found a document online titled Counseling Basics for New College Counselors from UC Counselor Conference 2010. For some reason, I can’t link to it. However, if you google: counseling basics for new college counselors california, it comes up first.</p>

<p>On pages 13-15, it covers the ELC process for students applying for admission for fall 2011, and on page 15 says that Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, Irvine, and Davis will be the guaranteed campuses.</p>

<p>I just received a letter that says I’m on track. I guess I wasn’t in the top 4% or I would have actually received a letter or letters from specific UCs encouraging me to apply, right? Does anyone know what this means for me? Do I still have a chance, and if so, when will I know more? Thanks.</p>

<p>D received the letter today! Packet was sent out 9/29.</p>

<p>“Based on your academic achievements, it is my great pleasure to invite you to apply to the University’s freshman class of 2011”.</p>

<p>So I put my ELC number into my UC application… when do I find out which schools I am guaranteed admission into?</p>