ELC vs. Statewide Eligibility

<p>

</p>

<p>Welcome to the world of a government bureacracy! :slight_smile: </p>

<p>The ONLY reason for ELC appeal is a mistake on a transcript, or a missing transcript (which would be rare since files are submitted electronically).</p>

<p>Status:</p>

<p>[Eligibility</a> in the Local Context (ELC)](<a href=“http://www.ucop.edu/sas/elc/]Eligibility”>http://www.ucop.edu/sas/elc/)</p>

<p>deleted dupe post.</p>

<p>sorry if this has already been responded to, but is UC Santa Cruz included in the ELC program?</p>

<p>^Yes. ELC gives guaranteed admission to UC Santa Cruz.</p>

<p>@spatel23</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>The chances aren’t really low, the chances are 60%.</p>

<p>UCSC DOES NOT give guaranteed admission to ELC designated students
 See below from Ms. Sun’s UC Admissions Blog:</p>

<p>The UC campuses guaranteeing acceptance to ELC students are:</p>

<pre><code>* Davis (provided applicants satisfactorily complete the Subject and Examination requirements)

• Irvine (provided applicants satisfactorily complete the Subject and Examination requirements; does not apply to Dance, Music, Nursing Science, Business Administration, Business Economics and all majors in the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences - in these majors, ELC status is given consideration in the comprehensive review process)

• Merced (provided applicants satisfac-torily complete the Subject and Examination requirements)

• Riverside (provided applicants satisfac-torily complete the Subject and Examination requirements)

• Santa Barbara (provided applicants satisfac-torily complete the Subject and Examination requirements)
    </code></pre>

<p>@ $KingsElite$ </p>

<p>“The chances aren’t really low, the chances are 60%.”</p>

<p>true
but when you think about it, many people who get into UCLA are really high on the grades, tests, etc too 
 i know UCLA isnt about grades and all, but still wven with ELC its hard to get in, right?</p>

<p>ps. sry bout the quote. i have no idea how to do it</p>

<p>^Well yeah for sure it’s tough no doubt. But it kind of felt like you were saying the number was actually lower than 60%. But you’re right, it’s definitely not easy nonetheless.</p>

<p>^Woops, sorry for the misinformation in post #24. I really just assumed that they did.</p>

<p>UCSC is a unique bunch. I don’t know that they ever participated in the ELC guarantee.</p>