Electrical/Computer Engineering Full?

<p>Hello! I'm from new jersey applying to EE/ECE in about an hour (scholarship app too). Does anyone have an idea about the status of the program, if it's full or not? Also, how do I sound for admissions?
SATM:700 SATCR:620 SATW:690
3.92GPA weighted
-currently taking AP Calc AB, AP Physics, AP Comp Sci, AP Stat
-leader on US First robotics team, marching band, jazz band, instrumentalist in the school musical, one community service activity, plus winner of a statewide robotics competition
-just outside top quarter, as in 26th percentile</p>

<p>Hey JT! I believe you’re automatically accepted with the 1320 composite math and reading. I’m also applying for those majors, and it seems that there is still room but I’m not 100% sure.</p>

<p>To be an academic admit, you also have to e in top quarter, and OP is just out of range.</p>

<p>just sent everything in. Although my school doesn’t rank, when I asked my counselor about my position he said I was just outside of the first quartile. If my grades from this first marking period were counted I’m fairly sure I would make the cut</p>

<p>Well, if your school doesn’t rank, A&M usually just puts the applicant as top quarter. If they do that to you, you’re automatically in! </p>

<p>No, it’s not full at the moment. :)</p>

<p>I was accepted into Industrail Engineering and I switched a week ago to Electrical! Good luck! :)</p>

<p>That’s great news :smiley: Now I’m just hoping it’s cool that my application was submitted on the first, because banking on a scholarship</p>

<p>only biomedical, mechanical, nuclear, petroleum and chemical engineering are full (as of yesterday)</p>

<p>Wait, how do you know that if they put ‘1st Qtr rank assigned by TAMU Admissions’ means you got in?</p>

<p>I have that on my app but it’s still stuck on ‘Review Application Credentials’.</p>

<p>^ You also had to have made a 30+ on ACT with writing or 1300+ on SAT Critical Reading and Math</p>

<p>Electrical is full as of last night. Computer wasn’t full when I checked, though.</p>

<p>Does that mean, op is not getting in?</p>

<p>Hopefully that isn’t the case…My application is still listed as processing, and I should be an academic admit. Afaik computer engineering was my second choice</p>

<p>-Just checked. Computer with EE track is my second choice</p>

<p>Also, I had a friend who applied from my school, although a different program. He has a lower GPA, and takes no AP courses, yet is in listed as top quarter on his status page, so I feel I will be as well. On the original post I said 26th, that’s an estimate, my school doesn’t rank.</p>

<p>Op is a review admit. I believe op has an excellent shot.</p>

<p>Good news, my app has been processed and I’m in the first quarter! Although EE is full, I’m happy to do comp e instead. The most important part about Texas AM for me is the scholarship. I’d love to go there, but a scholarship pis essential (in state tuition would be fantastic). With an OOS waiver, I’m almost entirely sure I’d be an aggie</p>

<p>Congratulations, jerseytech. Good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks! I hope I hear back soon, the wait is driving me crazy!</p>

<p>I have a question. I’m in the same predicament as jerseytech, except I still want to take EE. If I’m accepted into my second choice, comp e with EE track, would I be able to transfer to EE later on and not fall behind?</p>

<p>Blanco, probably. Lots of people transfer from one engineering discipline to another. Most of the early classes are the same or similar.</p>