Electrical Engineering

<p>Hello all,</p>

<p>Im a freshman at Purdue.</p>

<p>Would like some feedback on my course selections for this coming Spring semester.</p>

<p>Thanks, in advance.</p>

<p>Spring '12
ENGR 132 (can't wait...)
PHYS 272 (Electricity and Magnetism)
CS 159 (programming for amateur engineers)
MA 261 (Calc 3)</p>

<p>think it's 14 credit hours.</p>

<p>If this helps; I expect to get a B+ in phys 172, and B in Calc 2.
Im comfortable with calc but less so with physics, and have never taken any computer programming courses.</p>

<p>I’m a freshman at Purdue too. Have you already taken English and com? Cuz you might want to add in one. Just a thought. </p>

<p>Otherwise, you’re good. I’ll be at 17 hours next semester.</p>

<p>CS 159 for EE major? Don’t think that would work, talk to your advisor</p>

<p>I was awarded credits for ENGL and COM.
I’m almost positive CS 159 is required. Even if it isn’t I know it will greatly benefit me with all the MATLAB engineers use.</p>

<p>@EE Wannabe.
You’re correct about CS being required.
If you’re aiming for a light load next semester, you have a great schedule. However, adding a 3 credit hour general-education elective for next semester might help to decrease your course load in the future.</p>

<p>@purdue2014</p>

<p>This would be considered a light load? o geez. But these classes are so time consuming. I can’t imagine having time to take another class. Also due to the fact that I have a daughter and I like to spend some time with her.
As far as Gen Ed. I’ve checked and triple checked and I have credits for many of these requirements, so I pretty much only have EE core classes.</p>