Elephant Stomp!

<p>DH and I are sitting in the middle of the Quad waiting for the Million Dollar Band to start the Elephant Stomp! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>How fun!!! Let us know how it goes!!</p>

<p>The MDB practices on the arts quad prior to elephant stomp! They are on four levels of balconies and the sound is amazing! We lucked into the rehearsal but it was even better than the wonderful elephant stomp…be sure to see it!</p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-D700 using CC App</p>

<p>The Elephant Stomp was fun! We missed a lot of the on-quad practicing because DH and I were dying of thirst and went off in search of some adult refreshment at Buffalo Phil’s. Unfortunately, it was WAY too crowded in there, so we hit the drink machine in the Publix for a refreshing, ice-cold diet Pepsi! </p>

<p>We were far enough back that we couldn’t see D at all, since she plays piccolo and they were at the very bottom of the steps. I managed to take some pics and a short video with my iPad, though.</p>

<p>We had seats in the nosebleed section at the game, U3-E. We actually liked those seats quite a lot, except that huge hike up the spiral walkway! We left right after the band played so we could get out before all the traffic since we wanted to get back home. We tried to go to Nick’s in the Sticks, but I had forgotten they close on game day. Luckily, we called to check on the wait first and got the answering machine message they were closed, so we didn’t head out there for nothing.</p>

<p>I missed seeing NorthAlabamaMom, though. Her S shares a suite with D’s boyfriend. She and her family were busy with her S in his suite while two doors down we were with D in her suite. Don’t know why neither of us thought to go introduce ourselves in person! We probably only live about 45 minutes away from each other, maximum, in real life. My D brought Rock Band (from her brother’s old Xbox that he no longer has) and I think it was NorthAlabamaMom’s S that brought the Xbox to play it on.</p>

<p>D and her boyfriend were freaking out on move-in day, though. I guess Paul knew her S as Trey, from their email or facebook correspondence. Paul and Abby kept freaking out about some kid named Donald who was supposed to be in the suite, but nobody had been able to get hold of him. And they hadn’t seen anything official about this kid named Trey, and the “name flags” on the suite said Donald. They really thought something was wrong.</p>

<p>I gently said, “Don’t you think Trey is probably this Donald? Maybe he’s a third or something, and goes by the name of Trey, like another of your friends?” She looked at me like I’d grown a third head and tried to tell me how impossible that was. I guess Trey and his family arrived a little later that day, and she comes into her suite and says, “Guess what? Trey IS Donald!” I just said, “Yeah, I thought that was probably the case.” Kids!</p>

<p>Abby keeps being surprised at how many kids (zgrace is one of her roommates) or parents I know from this message board. She thinks I’m bizarre! I actually thought I was pretty normal! :)</p>