ELMPA Interview

If anyone (@klafrance46 or anyone else) from the old posts have insight into the ELMPA interview, please share! My D23 was just invited for a virtual interview. Thanks! She applied EA.

Thanks for moving this reply from a very old post @momofboiler1. In case it’s not clear, I’m curious if anyone has been invited to interview for the Entry Level Master’s Physician Assistant program at Quinnipiac from this current application round. I saw old threads on the subject, but would love to know anything more current about the interview process and what kinds questions are asked. I’m curious how many they interview and how many they take. Thanks!

That’s great ! When did she submit application? How did they contact her about the interview? My son just submitted application before the deadline. Hoping to hear.

1 Like

Also, did you go on a tour etc. ? Haven’t been able to yet so wondering if that is an issue

D23 applied 9/16 and received an email 11/1 that she was selected for an interview. It was a quick 15 min Zoom interview. It seemed to go well and they said she should hear something in a few weeks. They shared that out of 600 applications for the ELMPA, 100 were selected for interviews.

We have not been able to make it out to campus for a tour. We’ve watched many of the tour videos and looked around the website quite a bit. Hopefully some of her answers in the interview showed that she’s done that. I guess we’ll see. Good luck to your son!

1 Like

Wow that’s great. That sure is a lot of applicants! I heard they only take about 25 students into the program. Good Luck !

1 Like

My D23 just received her ELMPA interview invite yesterday. She applied EA. Any insight in what is discussed would be appreciated. QU is her first choice.

Mind sharing stats?

Her stats are good, but not spectacular. Weighted GPA: 4.47, she does have A’s in all her AP math and science courses. Her SAT score was: 1320
She has done some medical shadowing and works part time in a Dr’s office, which probably helped. Lot’s of ECs, varsity sports captains, …Recommendations from Math and Science teachers.
She met the admissions counselor at college fair and did a virtual interview. We also attended Open House. We are excited she got the ELMPA interview but not sure her stats are enough to get a spot.
I hope this helps.

I’d love to hear stats from students who have been accepted to ELMPA.

Anyone have their ELMPA interview this week? How did it go?

Our interview is next Thurs, We couldn’t choose the earlier dates because of schedule conflict. Now I am wondering if we won’t hear when everyone else does since interview will be the same date as the release day! Oh well it’s too late to change it. How was the interview?

My daughter has her interview on 12/13 next week. So I don’t know what that will mean regarding when we will hear about acceptances.

Hopefully we will find out before the holidays, that’s all that matters.

1 Like

My D23 was accepted to the ELMPA program on 12/8. :slight_smile: She had an interview on 11/10. She also received a $32K/year scholarship for undergrad and a scholarship for the PA grad school portion of $10K/year. This was quite a nice surprise! We have not had a chance to visit. There are admitted student days the weekend of 4/1 and 4/2. It’s too bad it’s so late. We will likely try to visit before that, but the soonest she can do with her sport schedule is February.

Good luck everyone!

Edit to add stats:

4.0 UW GPA/4.42
ACT 30
Very involved varsity sport all 4 years, state champs or runners up 3 years so far
Very good ECs relevant to her chosen field
Will have 4 APs total (5 on AP Psych and 5 on AP Lit)
Is in a unique off-campus program through her HS for 3 periods each day where she is getting clinical hours and will earn her CNA toward the end of the year.

3 Likes

Congrats!! Great achievement! Curious if they asked your DD in the interview about of she applied to other PA programs?

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t believe they asked her about any other programs she has applied to. She only applied to one other direct entry program (she did get in to that one, also). The rest are just your traditional undergrad programs with a pre-PA track that also have their own PA programs, but she would have to apply to those. And she’s still waiting to hear from the majority of those.

1 Like

Wow! Congrats to your daughter. That’s fantastic. My daughter has her interview tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Good luck to your daughter!

1 Like