Elon University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Was the scholarship amount in the acceptance letter?

Yes

Demonstrated interest is a tricky one if you discover the school late, as we did (applied RD). We couldnā€™t find an open window to visit, so my son maximized his contact through ā€œlikingā€ā€™ posts on social media, opening emails, following links and even contacting a professor. We wish we could visit all the schools on his list as its truly the best way to know ā€œfitā€ā€™ but I do wish it didnā€™t count against you if you canā€™t swing it.

Glad your son finally got the result he was hoping for!!

3 Likes

My D was admitted EA last year and showed interest by attending online programs, reading emails, etc. We did not visit. She enjoyed the application questions and it probably showed in the answers.

4 Likes

Demonstrated interest does not have to include a visit. They KNOW that visits are just not possible for some kids. Virtual tours, attending the online forums they have, emailing your counselor, opening their emails and spending time on the site after opening all count towards showing interest, and these can be done any time, even if a school is discovered late in the game.

3 Likes

It sounds like all of your 23s did well demonstrating interest.

1 Like

I just saw on the Elon bands Instagram that there are still scholarships available for Fall. if your student is a musician they can reach out to Dr. Poquette. Elon University / Elon Bands / About Us

3 Likes

Any word on when Fellows decisions announced this week? Anticipation is killing us.

2 Likes

I expect Thursday or Friday but we are dying here too!!

1 Like

Has anyone heard what Elons admission rate was this year, for the class of 2027?

They said by 4/1 at Fellows weekend, and I am presuming 3/31.

1 Like

My son got an Elon admissions packet today.

Fellows announcement just dropped in kids Elon account!!! Good luck to everyone. Our son got 2023 Nursing Fellows!!

4 Likes

Just coming to post the same! Business Fellows here.

5 Likes

My son is a Nursing Fellows as well!! Very excited!!

5 Likes

Has any Fellows alternates been notified of a ā€œchange in statusā€ yet?

My daughter got in as an alternate on 4/15.

2 Likes

Which fellow group?

Elon College Fellows

1 Like