Elon University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Any admitted student can apply for the fellows programs. While they may “suggest it” to the Presidential Scholarship winners, applications are not restricted to those students.

In the Nursing info session they mentioned it was first come, first served for Nursing acceptances. Our son was accepted as well into Nursing program. Very excited.

2 Likes

This is what I am nervous about… Regular decision is March 20th… I am hoping if we accept by March 19th we are good… It is one of his top 2 but still deciding

Congratulations to all that were accepted! Would be great to see your stats…

Early/Regular: EA
Desired Major/School: Business Analytics
GPA: 4.0 UW/4.52 W
SAT/ACT: ACT 31
Number AP/DE classes taken: 8AP, the rest Honors unless not offered
Extras/Hooks: High level competitive dancer, theater, music
State residency: NC
Decision: Accepted with Presidential scholarship
Any need aid: Full pay

3 Likes

Sure I’ll share. D23 3.7 UW, 3.999W, 6 APs, test optional. Communication Design major. Worth noting that she had a 3.2W freshman year so nothing lower than an A- since then. Really great essay, she’s had a few AOs tell her it was exceptional. She’s Cheer Captain, runs track, draws portraits for fun.

Still we were shocked that she was accepted with the Presidential Scholarship. We are on the west coast which maybe helped?

2 Likes

Hi - S accepted and wants to visit again. Does anyone know if there are accepted students days?

There are. They are listed in the acceptance letter.

Thanks - you can tell my son didn’t share the letter with me yet…

5 Likes

After the Presidential Scholarship, you can apply for two others and get potentially get one additional award (not both) - correct? Son awarded Presidential and applying for Nursing Fellows and possibly Honors Fellows or Health Science honors.

2 Likes

I think that’s right but one of the best things about Elon is how responsive their employees are. You could contact Admissions with that question. Interviews for selected students take place at a Scholarship weekend in early March when parents and students can talk to current Fellows and faculty. It was very helpful.

Son accepted with merit. 3.67W/3.47 unweighted. No test scores. Decent extracurriculars and sports. We have not visited yet, and my son is a bit concerned that he won’t find his people at Elon. I know this is a silly question, but what kind of kids attend? He thinks that there won’t be enough kids who are super in to sports like him, or who are outgoing.

Students tend to be nice and friendly. Many are outgoing and there are many parties and social events. There are many student groups, including club sports, intramural sports, and an Outdoors Club that takes trips such as hiking, kayaking or camping trips to Charleston, SC or the Grand Canyon. This young man does a nice job explaining the appeal of the school to him.

3 Likes

Updating to add that 23 was invited to apply for additional fellowships.

Adding this here in case the info helps future applicants somehow.

2 Likes

Anyone can apply to any of the fellows or scholars programs!

You will find loads of good information here:

What kind of kids? In NC, mostly upper middle class white kids that do not get into or choose not to attend Wake Forest or Davidson. Over 80% are white and >60% come from families that make over $110K.

It is a very good school for the right kid. Good reputation. Fun campus with lots of great parties.

2 Likes

Does Elon send any kind of admissions packet? We haven’t received anything, but not sure if we should have.

Sophomore daughter is very sporty and outgoing and has made tons of friends with a variety of interests. She plays a club sport, does intramurals with friend group, uses the fitness center, and has gone to Panthers and UNC games off campus. She’s a little disappointed that there’s not more excitement around basketball and football games, but she was able to get a job in the Athletic Dept to be more involved. She is not super into party scene, but has found a balance between frat parties, special events and staying in for movie night with roommates. She LOVES Elon. Meanwhile, her younger brother, who is more into theater and video games and NOT into sports, is also planning to apply to Elon next year. We see that Elon defies any stereotype and has a place for all types of students.

8 Likes

Does anyone know approximately the time the ED2 results will be released on the 15th?

Does anyone know the approximate time that ED2 results will be posted on January 15th for Elon University?