Elon University Class of 2027 Official Thread

EA also invited to ED2 but didn’t take the bait. Already has two other options. Think it was sneaky of Elon to “invent” a new category that they didn’t have previous to the 12/20 decision date. Strategic as well so kids couldn’t hear about their other EA decisions before having to commit on the 10th. Am curious to those who did commit to ED2, how those outcomes played out? Am assuming most all got the nod. Wonder if there will be any space left by the time they consider the EAs into the regular decision pool?

1 Like

Many schools now fill most of their slots through some type of early program. It serves the interests of both the schools and the kids applying in those rounds.

If it is your daughter’s first choice, have her reach out to her admissions representative and let them know.

Anyone get email about LLC/housing today? I noted it said an enrollment deposit had to be paid to access the housing form and info session. But it also said “Early Action deposits are fully refundable until May 1, 2023.” So, is there no downside to paying deposit in the off change son chooses another school? It’s in his top 2 right now

I don’t know if housing is tied to deposit date at all but you might want to ask. They keep making small changes to how housing is done.

For LLCs for fall 2022 you just had to submit the application by the due date to be considered. I think most people got the one they wanted.

1 Like

I saw that as well. I am thinking we will pay ours since it said if was refundable. He is about 90% sure and I know he wants an LLC so I think we will proceed. Nothing to lose

Any thoughts on when the fellows results may come out? I saw Jan 31 two years ago? :hot_face:

1 Like

I have read Feb. 1 somewhere

2 Likes

They were 6pm on 01/31 in the past

Has anybody gotten any Fellows/Honors notification?

Should be today, but probably this evening.

Sorry, should’ve asked this also - do you hear either way, or only if you’re invited to interview?

I’m not sure about that. If we don’t get something when everyone else does, I guess we’ll know.

2 Likes

I thought I read Feb 1st somewhere too. But the website only says February for Fellows and early Feb for scholars??

I just emailed admissions and they said today after 5pm EST

6 Likes

Thank you!!!

In the past, timing of deposit had no bearing on choice of housing. But it may have changed. I think it helps them better gauge numbers of accepted students with high interest.

1 Like

Four years ago, I sat in great anxiety waiting for the Fellows interview invites to come out for my daughter. Was DEVASTATED when kid got invited to interview for only one of the two programs applied for. Fast forward to now, it was clearly the right move (she would have been a bad fit for the missed one) and she is thriving as a Fellow.

We were a nuttier group of parents … much more angst on this board back then than you guys! Regardless, I send my sincere best wishes for a day of good news!

2 Likes

Thanks for all of the info!
Which fellows did she end up in? I think Elon would move past UT Austin in my son’s ranking if he is accepted.

1 Like

Dd received an update a little after 4:30 that an update had been made to her portal. She checked to see that she’d been accepted. Hoping this means that she’ll be receiving an invitation. Figured I’d mention it for anyone else who was RD.

1 Like