Elon University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Enjoyed Fellows weekend!
Weird question: there was a code in bottom right corner of her name tag. We enjoyed looking at name tags to see where people were from (everywhere!), and we noticed not everyone had a code. Did your student have one? Any idea what it was for??

I didnā€™t notice! Iā€™ll have to ask him. Maybe it was something to do with the fellows program they were applying for.

Fellows Weekend was great!! My son did not have a code, he was a Nursing Fellows.

2 Likes

Saw AH, Arts & Humanities

1 Like

Well that helps! She had SM on hers which we thought was ā€œsmallā€ for a shirt size (which is accurate, but there were no shirts) until she saw a much bigger guy with the same ā€œSMā€ and knew heā€™d never wear a small :rofl: Since sheā€™s CompSci, it must be Science & Math. Thanks!

1 Like

It was not immediately obvious to me- no worries!!

Anyone hear back yet about any of the Fellows opportunities? At the interview session, I remember them saying within two weeks which would be this week.

1 Like

Looks like the last few years they sent out decisions closer to 03/30ā€¦ They told us 2 weeks but no later than April 1ā€¦ I am thinking may be closer to that.

3 Likes

Daughter got a large envelope this week with ā€œElon Boundā€ on the front & for a quick second, we all held our breath, wondering if there was Fellows news insideā€¦

But no, it was about housing. Clearly we are ready for some news! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Last year the Fellows decisions were emailed on March 30.

3 Likes

Any intel on when RD decisions will be released today?

1 Like

Wondering the same!

1 Like

Very quiet on IG and Twitter- looks like they released EA a few months ago at 8pm

1 Like

EA was 8pm ā€¦ I would say between 6-8pm is a good guess
Good luck to all

1 Like

Decisions are out! DS Accepted!

8 Likes

Really nice comment on his related experience - scholarship of $22,000 over 4 years, including $2,000 for research. Not a substantial amount, but we didnā€™t get to visit, so Iā€™m sure that hurt. 3.96W 34ACT Environmental & Ecological Science major OOS

5 Likes

Anyone know if that includes Fellows decisions?

Mine has already been accepted, but no fellows notification, yet.

DS Accepted today. 22k over 4 years, 2000 research.
Sports Management

3.9W
4 DE, 2 AP, 18 Honors
Test Op
Therapy Dog handler, Varsity Track, etc.

2 Likes

S23 was accepted today after December deferral. Maybe effectively demonstrating interest early on would have put Elon among his acceptances earlier? (ā€œLevel of applicantā€™s interestā€ is in the ā€œimportantā€ column in their CDS along with extracurriculars and character.) His school college counselor told us before he applied that Elon cares, and we still bungled it. We did visit ā€“ on our own when the campus was empty ā€“ and then nothing else. Lesson learned for D25ā€™s process! Anyway, congrats to the RD group!

2 Likes