Elon University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

This is the official thread for those applying EA/ED to Elon University.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

Daughter applied ED to Elon earlier this month. She’s planning on majoring in strategic communications and minoring in leadership. As of now, she wants to do PR for musicians and record labels.

She has over a 4.0 weighted GPA on a 4.0 scale. Lots of leadership and community service, 1 AP, several honors classes, and a full time schedule of college classes for this year.

She’s already been accepted to Arizona and Kansas so she has her safeties, but she’ll be crushed if she’s not accepted to Elon.

I’d love to have some parents to talk to as we wait for December 1st.

3 Likes

It’s top 3 for her. We haven’t visited yet, but we are hoping that she gets invited to Honors/Fellows weekend, and will tour then. If not, we will probably check it out in the spring.

We are chasing merit at a handful of schools. Elon is definitely in budget, but what she wants to do requires a doctoral degree that is not necessarily funded, so saving up for grad school is a consideration. She’s already been accepted to Alabama, and she is auto admit to state schools in Texas (everything except UT). Elon will probably be one of her later decisions. It seems like half of her schools do rolling, and then half have an EA release date.

1 Like

Elon is absolutely gorgeous and my daughter has friends who attend, so she was able to check out a couple different type of dorms. She was surprised at how nice they were. I’m not counting on merit but she will definitely apply for the scholars and fellow programs.

1 Like

My daughter applied EA, too! 4.0 uw GPA, 1440 SAT, 5 APs, lots of extracurriculars and volunteering. She’s hoping to do the physician assistant program which is supposed to be uber-competitive and one of those programs that she should just be happy if she gets in, anywhere. So she is not putting her eggs in any basket and trying hard not to fall in love with any one place. It’s so stressful, but she really loved her tours of Elon and can definitely see herself there!

Is your daughter a musician herself? That sounds like a super interesting career choice!

1 Like

My daughter applied early decision to Elon - it is without a doubt her top choice. She wants to major in art with a minor in marketing or communications.

2 Likes

Quiet thread!
Elon is one of my daughter’s top choices.

Her major would be poli sci/Strat comms. 3.83 uw/4.1w with 8 APs and 3 honors, 1 college class. She’s got really strong ECs and great recs which hopefully offset the gpa a bit.

She visited and loved the campus and the feel, as did I. Seems like enthusiastic, happy kids who like to be involved. Will likely apply for Elon fellows if she gets in. Fingers crossed for Dec 20 or sooner, I really want her to get this one! Would love to see some other west coasters join thread

3 Likes

My Seattle area D24 will be applying EA. She’s interested in Business & Environmental Studies. We all loved Elon when we visited this summer! Think the application is pretty much ready to go but she is keeping me stressed by not submitting (she has 4 others due 11/1).

3 Likes

Good luck to her! We are from Bend

Good luck to your daughter! We love Bend. Up until a few years ago we would go to SunRiver every summer (got a bit harder once my girls had summer jobs).

3 Likes

My daughter is applying tonight EA to Elon. She really likes the school and can very much see herself being happy there. We are in NC so she’s also applying to UNC and NC State, so it’ll be hard to turn those down if she gets in. But honestly I feel like Elon might end up being the best fit for her. We’ll just have to see how it all plays out!

1 Like

DD went on a snap thing with Elon yesterday and they said they’re expecting 30,000 applications this year based on all the apps they’ve gotten plus ones that are open but not submitted in common app. That’s a huge spike over last year. That being said, they put those who wanted to speak to others applying into chats and the one she talked to didn’t even want to go to Elon. He was applying ED to Coastal Carolina. She did find a few people she knew through her youth group were applying. Did anyone else’s teen go to the snap event?

1 Like

I feel your tuition pain - so many kids from our HS go to UNC and State that may daughter was dead set on not going there. So she’s at Elon eating none of their fabulous food. LOL. Oh well we saved a lot of money with her brother going to State during Covid.

1 Like

Is your daughter a musician? There is a a band scholarship that’s worth a look for those who want to play in college. Phoenix Band Scholarship | Music | Elon University.

She used to be but she gave it up in high school because of Covid. As much as she loves music, she is looking more at the business side of it.

My daughter said early decisions are out and people are getting phone calls from their AOs

1 Like

oh, wasn/t it supposed to be tomorrow?

Yes but apparently some got personal phone calls today, my daughters friend got in and others on zeemee

3 Likes

My daughter is so upset they didn’t post anything tonight but some people got calls. I knew some did get calls but I would have thought it was on the same day. I think one person was in Maryland and another is Georgia. We are in Florida. No one here has heard, right?