Elon University Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Business at our house! Seems like others we know got an invite to other fellows as well. Wonder if the numbers are super high and it is just a get the kids to campus/back to campus if have already visited to want to go there, but then near impossible to get?

2 Likes

I think some past Fellows numbers have been posted somewhere on this board.

I do not think that Fellows invites are used just to get kids back to campus. There are definitely applicants who apply that donā€™t get an invite. Fellows is a great program, and from what Iā€™ve heard, Fellows weekend is well run and definitely worth attending. Congrats and good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Awesome! It does sound like an amazing opportunity and the weekend is a super way to see the school again and get a chance to meet others interested in Elon!

Son got his invite to the Business Fellows weekend last night. Should be an interesting program ā€“ looking forward to it.

Does anyone know the timing for the weekend? Is it an early morning or afternoon start? Is it a full day on Saturday? Trying figure out schedules and travel plans and DD hasnā€™t confirmed yet :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Found the agenda

5 Likes

In case anyone is wondering, there were over 2700 applications to the Fellows, Scholars and special programs this year and a limited number of students were chosen to interview.

Just want to remind everyone that while itā€™s true the Elon scholarships arenā€™t huge, thereā€™s no harm in asking to be reconsidered for one via a simple e-mail!

2 Likes

did you do it with success?

Yes- a few weeks after committing actually, she emailed asking them to reconsider her for scholarshipsā€¦went from no $ at all to the community engagement award (5000/year). Very nice surprise.

3 Likes

Did anyone else attend the Scholarship Weekend last week? Son was there for Business Fellows and I thought the entire program was really well done.

Yes, same. Thought everything was well run and the students we spoke to were very pleased with their experiences. It helped that the weather was beautiful too.

Yes my daughter went with her Dad and absolutely loved the experience. Sheā€™s on the edge of her seat now waiting for final decisions to come!! Getting in to the program would probably give Elon the edge over her other top schools. What about your children? Do they feel the same or are they already committed to Elon?

He has it narrowed down to South Carolina Honors College and their Intā€™l Business program vs. Elon. Right now SC is probably ahead, but a Business Fellows acceptance might tip that. Also have a SC visit coming up at the end of the month ā€“ I guess itā€™ll go down to the wire.

1 Like

Very impressive kids across the board, and yes, they definitely need to thank the weather gods ā€“ it was perfect.

2 Likes

I just got an update in my portal from Elon! I applied RD. Did anyone else?

1 Like

We got one too!

1 Like

Hope it was good news!

1 Like

yes, good news for us! I hope everyone else gets some as well!

We are torn between UF, FSU Honors and Elonā€¦ the Honors Fellow could definitely be the change maker! Iā€™m just so impressed with the school and what they have to offer!

3 Likes