EMA 201 vs Physics 201

I’m a first semester freshmen here at uw Madison. I’m majoring in BME and for my Gcr requirement if I should take physics 201 or statics? I’ve heard statics is a lot harder or more difficult. Is it worth it to take or should I take physics? Also I’m premed and trying to get the best gpa possible.

https://registrar.wisc.edu/course_grade_distributions.htm

Youight want to look at the grade distribution report to glean more information (% of A grades, etc.).

Discuss with your advisor. I really, really hate it when students use biomedical engineering as a premed major since it is a limited enrollment major (more popular than available facilities). Those majoring in BME should plan on being in that field. btw- there are much easier science majors for medicine that still satisfy one’s love of science.

btw- are you sure you will get into BNE at UW??? Check the process.

I believe physics is still required for medical school- consider that.

I am not just in it as a premed major I’m in it because it is something I’m actually interested in. And I am fairly certain that I will get into the bme major physics is required for med school but statics will fulfil the physics requirement as well.
The grade distributions looked more favorable towards physics so that is where I’m leaning. It was what I was leaning towards anyways.