Emails from admission for notification reminder

I just got the first (maybe only - who knows) email from an admissions department reminding about March 10. As if we could forget! :rofl: :rofl:

As for a March 10th plan, we donā€™t have one in place. Itā€™s a little easier here as only one decision will come out before school on Friday morning. The rest will come out in the evening or even on Saturday due to where we are in the world. So, hopefully the one that comes out before school is good news. All she needs is one, so that would make her happy!

1 Like

Kid wants to open decisions all at once, together. This will be after school, late afternoon.

Parents may not be able to avoid emailed decisions or mailed packages during day, though.

3 Likes

We need to make a plan. My son is traveling with his team for a tournament on March 9 and I am coming in to join them very early on M10. I want him to have an incredible weekend and play well. Iā€™m not sure how best to handle checking results. Because of our situation and FA need I think odds are slim he will get his dream come true results on M10. My expectations are low but hopes are high for a miracle.

3 Likes

You coooould put a hold on package delivery :joy: (bwahahahaha that was the sarcasm font, like not even I could do that)

1 Like

I am just hoping there is mailšŸ¤£
Do schoolā€™s send it for Friday delivery in the USA or does it come over the next few days.

3 Likes

im applicant and my plan is. Check portals as decisions come out. Bc Iā€™m allowed to bring my laptop to school. Dont know if my parents have access to all the portals (tbh Im hoping they dont so I can tell them everything altogether after I deal with all the surprise and shock (wishful thinking that thereā€™s no disappointment)

A bit reversed isnt it but i feel like id actually be calmer this way who knows

2 Likes

This has me a bit bummed. I wish that we lived closer for many reasons, but being overseas, it sounds like many/most schools donā€™t send the packages to students outside the US (from a question I asked on a different thread). It would be nice to be able to celebrate like everyone else and have the same items as other students if my daughter decides to attend a school. Like if they put a special ā€œyou canā€™t buy this in the storeā€ item in the box and everyone else has it, it would be nice for the international students to have that as well. And yes, I know this is a very small thing, but it would still be nice to be able to have those celebratory packages to open like everyone else.

I think many schools send stuff to students overseas. Maybe a few days after M10. And donā€™t worry, you will have plenty of opportunities to get them after school starts.

1 Like

Okay - I thought they may have sent something that you couldnā€™t get at a student store and then the kids that didnā€™t receive those packages would be the only ones without a particular item.

Maybe the schools my daughter applied to donā€™t have packages anyway - weā€™ll have to wait and see!

My plan for M10 is to call my cousin at around 11:30 AM (she attends Deerfield) and we both see the result. Sheā€™ll be home for spring break.

1 Like

From what weā€™ve seen, they hold on to packages for international students and give them out at revisit days and/or first day of school.

1 Like

Yes, they are not an indication in any way of the actual decision.

1 Like

hahaha, fair point, likely is achievable with a lot of dedication. (not worth that, I donā€™t think).

3 Likes