Embassy Suites Hotel info

<p>A “preview” of the new Embassy Suites Hotel, from the Crimson-White student newspaper: <a href=“http://cw.ua.edu/article/2014/08/embassy-suites-designed-as-luxury-downtown-hotel”>http://cw.ua.edu/article/2014/08/embassy-suites-designed-as-luxury-downtown-hotel</a></p>

<p>Everybody’s got “New York decor” nowadays. I’ll bet their football weekend rates will be New York style, too!!</p>

<p>LOL, ain’t THAT the truth! That hotel has been “opening” for months now. It will be interesting to see when it actually DOES. Still, it seems like a great addition to T-Town.</p>

<p>Wow, not opening until January? I hope they are prepared to operate in the red until Sept 2015.</p>

<p>I’m sure they plan on making up for that operating in the red ::sigh::</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>It’s going to be a luxury hotel. I can only imaging their gameday weekend prices…at least a grand a night.</p>

<p>^^^Wow! </p>

<p>Just curious, how much does the Hotel Capstone charge on gameday weekends?</p>

<p>Hotel Capstone charges up to $1000 per night (plus Tuscaloosa Lodging Tax of 15%) for popular game day nights. </p>

<p>But Embassy Suites has (obviously) 2-room suites that sleep 2 per room. They will be able to charge that much and more. </p>

<p>Often there is a 2 night minimum for game weekends.</p>

<p>(should I be embarrassed to say that I charge that much for my condos for popular games as well…and they are both booked MANY months in advance. My condos each sleep 6 and 7 people and each have 2 bathrooms, a living room, a full kitchen and laundry…so I think they are getting a deal! lol)…Of course, I charge normal rates for non-special times.)</p>

<p>Hey, it’s all about supply and demand, so I wouldn’t be embarrassed at all to charge that. Sounds like what you’re offering is a good value. Not in MY budget, mind you, but good to know!</p>

<p>Nope, don’t be embarrassed, that’s supply and demand. $2000 for a weekend split 7 ways is a remarkable deal actually.</p>

<p>lol…I have to charge that much for those popular games to cover the “lean times” when no one is coming to campus. </p>

<p>And as @feenotype mentions, split 6 or 7 ways is much cheaper than getting 3 decent hotel rooms during those times…and lots more space!</p>

<p><<<
Embassy Suites Tuscaloosa Downtown will be constructed and designed in the brand’s Design Option III style. The innovative and flexible design features a variety of side-by-side suites, shotgun suites and one room suites in addition to a contemporary atrium area, decreasing the amount of land needed and creating efficiencies for both construction and operational costs. These features also further enhance the guest experience, as there is still a great sense of space and more natural light in guest rooms and public areas like the atrium, while still maintaining all of the offerings that are characteristic of Embassy Suites hotels including free cooked-to-order breakfast and Complimentary Evening Reception*.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>I am very familiar with the “shotgun style” suites because nearly all of the ES’s that I’ve stayed have been that style. It is where you walk straight into the living room…then if you keep walking straight you pass the kitchenette, you keep walking straight and then you enter the bedroom…and the bathroom will be either to the right or left.</p>

<p>Some have questioned the possible affects on game-day rentals with the opening of ES.</p>

<p>I am not sure how well ES will rent for gamedays to people other than couples/families. The inconvenience of having to enter the bedroom to have bathroom access will not be desirable to 4 adults. </p>

<p>I think they’ll be filled from Day 1. There are a lot of things that go on in Tuscaloosa besides football. Lots of state-wide convention and meeting activities, state high school sports competitions as well as children’s sports. Continuing education conferences, testing for various professional areas, etc. etc. It’s always amazed me that the city has so little lodging. Yes, Birmingham is close, but going west, there’s little until you get to Meridian MS, 70 miles away.</p>

<p>I’ve stayed at a ton of Embassy Suites. Most are the shotgun style but almost all of them have the bathroom entrance outside the bedroom door. The one in Hoover is a different design as well and the suite we had was not the shotgun style. The shotgun suites have either 1 king or 2 queens in the bedroom area. I book Embassy Suites for our high school band trip, 35 rooms+ for kids and chaperones. We like it because it gives everyone space to get ready and the free breakfast. </p>

<p>Oh, and yes, I have my condo that is 2 blocks from Bryant-Denny booked for every football weekend. It might seem “high” but, when you take everything into consideration, it is much cheaper than a hotel that you have to drive to campus from. </p>

<p>The ES floor plan that I have experienced is the colored one here
embassy suites floor plans</p>

<p>but I have found some online where they “got smart” and put the bedroom door back more towards the bedroom so that those sleeping in the living room can have access to the bathroom w/o going into the bedroom.</p>

<p>oh poop! the link won’t copy.</p>

<p>I stay at quite a few ES hotels, and all the ones I’ve been at had the bathroom outside the bedroom door.</p>