Emergency~ App Question~

<p>when i copy and paste my personal statement from my word document to my UC app, the paragraphs don’t indent… does it matter?..</p>

<p>If you read the instruction, it states to save your essay in txt format(ASCII) and then copy and paste to the application. Text format will remove any formatting. So the answer is, they don't care about formatting. They just want the content of your essay.</p>

<p>Mmm i see.. Thanks~
Also i got a question about "Family Data" section.. I'm not sure whether or not i should fill it out or not. If I don't fill it out.. would it hurt my chances?</p>

<p>It's supposed to be blacked out for the adcoms anyways.</p>

<p>It isn’t blacked out, but nothing will ever harm your chances. If included the information will be used to review your application and might help your chances of admission. Age, sex, race and religion are not included in the application review.</p>

<p>As for the parent income and education section, you do not have to fill this out, only if you are low income because it might help you. If your parents make in the top 1% and they both have Phds, it won't help you. You will be judge in that context. On top of that, you need not worry about the accuracy of what to report as income. It's a huge headache and only have to do it if you have to. I'd take the easy route.</p>

<p>I've heard that the income questions are optional and only if you'd like to apply for EOP or a fee waiver (they're supposed to be granted automatically if you do it online and your income entered qualifies, I believe).</p>

<p>frontline:</a> secrets of the sat: who was good enough?: applicant 3</p>

<p>This interview scares me. There is no need to discriminate oneself. Don't put income there if you can help.</p>

<p>I got another EMERGENCY Question!! please help~ My friend took the SAT II chinese instead of foreign languages...on the uc app...it shows like...2 missing courses even when he put in the SAT II score...does he just send it... or does he have to put someting down??</p>

<p>The application doesn’t know that a high score on a SAT Subject language exam will satisfy the two year language requirement so it will warn any applicant they are missing coursework. When the admissions office receives the application we will see that the requirement has been satisfied through the SAT Subject exams.</p>

<p>Hmm, the interface to the UC application is not very smart. It could program such that anyone select the language with a SAT score above 700, for example, would satisfy that requirement. If this is stated in the UC website, than anything is possible, the UC programmer can write a program to detect this condition.</p>